Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just bought my first car and it's a 2007 Peugeot 207!
I received two keys with this and with both of them they have the same problem.

It is the two button key fob and when the button is pressed the key only flips half way up and feels very loose in the housing.

If I purchase a new fob housing online will I be able to switch over all internals and the key blade itself? If so is there any detailed instructions as I have opened the fob up and can not see any easy way of removing the actual key itself from the housing.

Everything works okay on the keys and I can use them perfectly, this is just a minor annoyance and I was wondering if there is a simple fix for it that I could sort out.

Will I need any special tools for this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
There is a youtube video showing how to repair the problem you are describing.

You should be able to swap over the internals to a replacement shell without any issues though some of the replacement shells can be a bit hit & miss quality wise.

I tend to look for used genuine keys which can have the PCB & blade swapped over and the quality will be pretty good.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

You should be able to swap over the internals to a replacement shell without any issues though some of the replacement shells can be a bit hit & miss quality wise.

I tend to look for used genuine keys which can have the PCB & blade swapped over and the quality will be pretty good.
I have seen a Youtube video showing the dismantling of the key but the person had a special tool for removing the button and key that I am not sure what it is.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I had seen a Youtube video of a person dismantling the key but they had a special tool used for removing the button and key that I am not sure what it was.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure why but my other reply had not posted?

I have seen a video on Youtube of a person dismantling the key itself but he was using some sort of cylinder type tool that I am not sure what it was.

·
Registered
202 Posts

Here's a clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgqGsRk94M
No idea what he's saying but it's quite straightforward

1 - 6 of 6 Posts