Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all im new here and wondered if anybody can shed some light on this matter for me, ive bought a 407 sw 55 plate, but the fob will not open the doors, i had the signal tested today and its not giving a signal out, the key will start the car ok tho but today it dead locked and i cant get in, the key will not even work in the door, any help please.:confused:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Key Fob

Francav. Unfortunatly the only sensible course for you to take is via Peugeot £145.
I have the same problem with one of my keys and having taken it to a locksmith who deals with car keys, he quoted me the same price as Peugeot, the only wrinkle with taking it to Peugeot is that they want the car for an hour to read the codes and re-program a blank, the problem is the transponder in the key is either missing or just buggered.

C

·
0 Posts
No afraid you need to be in the car for access to diagnostic port.

Think only way without access is to have key copied but if it's faulty that may not be possible.

·
5,087 Posts
The key should still work in the door regardless of electronics. A year or so ago i went swimming with my car key's in my pocket (yea-yea Dumb i know :nod:) and although the fob didnt work to unlock the car the key blade fitted in the door and unlocked it,albeit the alarm sounded but that stopped as soon as i started the engine. BTW i rinsed the keyfob in lots of clean water (how wierd did that feel) and left it to dryout for a couple of month's, replaced the battery in it and it worked fine :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ive got into the car, but everything is unlocked but the drivers door, the key still does not work in it. whats best way to take the panel off from in the car. ive been quoted £140 to get my fob repaired from a accesories store near me, thanks for your replies guys.

·
5,087 Posts
Lets start with where you are ???

·
5,087 Posts
then you may be in luck. I'm pretty certain someone either in or near Darwin in Lancashire has planet and should be able to help you out,have a look on this map and see who's closest

Peugot Planet - Google Maps

·
Registered
119 Posts
ive got into the car, but everything is unlocked but the drivers door, the key still does not work in it. whats best way to take the panel off from in the car. ive been quoted £140 to get my fob repaired from a accesories store near me, thanks for your replies guys.
Hi
How did you get in to the car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i dont think you really want to know, my back bumper was off so i broke the lock on the boot, cost me £20.00 to replace.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts