Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my 05 zenith a few months before Xmas it came with 2 keys, one that worked but was worn and one that was in bits in an envelope. I've replaced and re-cut the one that was worn and that is now in a new case but I don't like having just one key for a car that locks itself. I've ordered a new case for the broken keyfob and know a guy that will cut it for me but I would like to know how I can program it to the car. Currently it says "ignition error" because I've tried this circuit board in the new key and so I know it doesn't work. Any help would be much appreciated. The reason being is my wife is scared to drive the 407 because she thinks it's too long and I'd like to give her her own key to try and inspire confidence as she is disabled.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty sure the circuit board in the key works but it's just not programmed into the car. I want to try and program it using the methods used here on these boards but am a bit scared to try it incase the one key I do have stops working. I just would like to have two sets of keys incase my wife needs to use the car in an emergency.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
If the key is second hand and not from that car then it will not reprogram

If the key dies not start the car then it's either faulty or not from that car as just one key would not loose coding they both would at same time

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the key is second hand and not from that car then it will not reprogram

If the key dies not start the car then it's either faulty or not from that car as just one key would not loose coding they both would at same time
The key is from the car. I have no idea why it doesn't work.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would the key not loose it's coding if it had no battery in it for any length of time, say a year or two? I have a feeling that the spare battery has been in pieces for some time.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
The coding in the key is permanent, which is why it cannot be re-used in another car, so it is not dependent on the presence of the battery. The coding in the car is volatile, and could be lost.

If you try to get the car reprogrammed to accept the key, you will need the security code for the car, and to include both keys in the exercise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts