Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Trying to help friend with a 406 hdi he has one key only that includes a two button zapper.

The rubber buttons both are damaged and on inspection what may be a micro switch that works when the rubber button is pressed has fallen off but not lost.

He has a key code card with four number alphabetic on it

Problem : located a key fob case for same type of key blade type clearly when the guts are swapped over the micro switch will not work so key would be I guess only good for using in the door barrel.

Concern is the transponder for the immobiliser should that be ok. If a new or used fob was purchased would planet be able to code it and in particular the transponder.

Can you also confirm that I am correct if the transponder goes pop and no replacement is available car would fail to start because of immobiliser ?

If transponder failed is that ecu bsi and fob transponder all required

Thanks

Allan

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are the microswitches like these?:
Peugeot 307 407 308 607 3 Button flip Remote Key Repair Micro Switches | eBay
or perhaps you could re-solder the originals if they're not damaged:thumb:
neil
Hi Neil

Yes that's the micro switch it may be possible to re solder the original, had a message that the new case is on its way so guess it will be Tuesday

Watched a YouTube video the transponder seems totally separate to the circuit board if that's the case hopefully that will be ok.

Thanks again

·
Registered
2 Posts
change blade in 406 key fob

How do I change the blade on a peugeot 406 key fob?.....(1999 mark 1 diesel 5 speed estate - single button fob).....ignition switch changed, air con now working again...new switch sent with blade only. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
2 Posts
How do I change the blade on a peugeot 406 key fob?.....(1999 mark 1

Thank you, apparently you drag the old blade (exists in the fob) out of the fob and force the new blade in. All works a treat now.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok update

The new key fob case of eBay came and the key blade modified to fit in the new shell and the transponder works need next to get small tip solder iron for the circuit board

So can anyone help if a used 2 button fob was bought can the transponder be coded to the car and would it be simple to get the buttons to work the central locking, if not used can a new one be coded easily

Cheers

Allan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts