Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
This is my 1st post here. I have been reading many great posts here with help about my problem but so far I am still stuck. I have a 2002 307 2.0 HDi 110 D. The battery went flat. This then caused a problem with the alarm as I was unable to shut it off when I opened the doors using the key rather then the infra red. The alarm just kept going off when i opened the car. I disconnected the battery (with serious discomfort to my ears!) and charged it up. When it came to reconnecting it, my key fob PLIP didn't work at all. I found that odd as it worked perfectly well before the battery died. Because of that, the alarm still kept going off when entering the car. I couldn't turn the car over either due to the immobiliser being on with the alarm. So I replaced the battery in the key fob PLIP. Nothing, still the same problem with the alarm and the key PLIP not working. I the read here (and on other forums) about reprogramming the key fob which I have tried about 10 times and nothing. Alarm still going off, key PLIP not working. After numerous attempts the car has now gone into Economy Mode. What on earth has happened and is there a simple answer as I am pulling my hair out (as are our neighbours!)

Thanks in advance
Rich

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Why did the battery go flat? Did you put in a new battery or just charge it? Have you tested the battery if you charged it to see if it ok ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The battery went flat as I left it for 3 weeks, although it did turn over and i drove it a couple of miles a few days before it went flat. After I charged it, there seems to be plenty of juice in it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would that stop the key fob from working though? All other electrics work perfectly and the car tries to turn over, but it can't as the immobiliser is stuck on as i can't use the key fob PLIP to turn it off! I'm a bit confused by it all as I've tried to reprogram the key as well. I just don't want to waste money so I need to double check the battery should be replaced first...

G

·
Ah good point you cant, you have to start the car for economy mode to clear!

Can you wind down a rear window or are they electric as well?

Failing that you'll have to get someone else to sit in the car as you do the reset, that way they can turn on the lights for you to wake the BSI

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like it will have to be the latter option then as all electric! I'll have to wait until Thursday now as i'm off out for a few days but i will report back after.

Thanks for the advice, this is why forums like this are the best.

G

·
No worries, not saying this will cure it but the BSI does like to do funny things if not woken up properly so its definately a good place to start!

Let us know how you go with it :thumb:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Unfortunately, the BSI reset did nothing. We are stuck with a car that won't start as the immobiliser is stuck on, the alarm keeps going off if you open the car and the key fob does nothing. I can't believe a car can do this! We can't even tow it as any movement in the car, the alarm goes off. Mobile mechanics tell me they won't touch it and it needs to go to Peugeot. Surely i am not the only one to ever have this problem? Is there anything else I can try? Honestly, i am in shock with how poor this is....

Desperate for any more help if anyone has any other suggestions. I really appreciate the help so far....

G

·
That is a bit of a bugger, never heard of one doing that

All i can suggest now is maybe the alarm has a battery backup? I know some aftermarket systems come with this, try disconecting the battery and see if the alarm still sounds when you open a door

If it does then leave the battery off overnight to see if the system will fully discharge itself, then see what happens!

Sorry i cant give a more definitive answer!

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Have read elsewhere that a flat battery can make the bsi/ecu reset itself and lose memory of your keys ,
taking it to peugeot to have them reprogram it (also read that cost £40ish , but wouldn`t put any faith in that),
maybe a good idea to ring them and ask how much and can they send anyone out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That doesn't work either, I've already tried that. Its a bitch this one isn't it? I have actually done some searching here and i have found someone else with the exact same problem (within the last month, he posted on the maintenance section about it) and he said he had to take it to Peugeot and they said the BSI was beyond programming and he had to have a new one. They quoted him £400 for the repair, £300 of it being the new BSI. Crazy.

There is a new one on eBay at the moment for £75 (its the fuse box part right?) and i am tempted just to go for it rather than give Peugeot the pleasure of handing over £300 for one....I will still need them to program it though.

My other concern is, what happens if and when the car battery goes flat again? This is my girlfriends car and she doesn't use it much so it is likely to happen.

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Shit you got me mate - maybe see if any the other guys have an idea later, it`s a pity bestgear wasn`t around at the minute he might have an idea, i`ll email him later to see.:confused:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts