Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys.
307 2005 1.6 petrol.
i have two keys for the car i just bought. Both of the flip style, two button with remote central locking and chip inside.
one key works the remote central locking and can start the car, the other key works the remote central locking but doesn't start the car, (a warning appears on the dashboard display).
i was wondering if the key transponder might not have been programmed, or do you guys have any other suggestions. i really feel like i should get a working backup key just in case.

thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the reply guys.

the two keys have the chip attatched to the pcb. my keys are the same as in these pictures.

would it be a matter of taking the both keys to someone with pp and maybe they could code the one not working from the one that does work, or do i need the keycode card which unfortunately i don't have.

what do you think guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hello betty, nice pic by the way.

so if i get the code from you, do i then have to take this code, and the two keys to someone with pp for them to program it? or do i need new chips as well.

i find it strange that one key works, and the other opens the doors but doesn't start the car. i would have thought that the two keys would have been programed at the same time by the manufacturer, i mean how could one chip just lose its memory.

·
Registered
14,283 Posts
I can recode your keys if you get the code from martin my workshop is in bonnybridge

codes can be lost easily maybe 1 key got lost for a while and its just out of sync now

·
Registered
822 Posts
You only need to code key with planet to sync it with the immobiliser.
You can programme key buttons for the locks by holding button with ignition in a certain place.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks greegor, yes i saw that on another thread about holding the lock button.

thanks reliable, i will get back to you on that offer. i will be putting my pug in for an mot in a couple of weeks, so once i get it through that, i will get the code and give you a shout.

thanks again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts