Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I have just bought my wife a lovely 207 SE which was advertised with 2 keys. When we went to test drive it the trader informed me that only one of the keys would start the car, the other one would only unlock it, it must have lost the code due to not being used. I managed to use this as a bargaining chip to get a few quid knocked off after telling him it has to be done at the dealer and is expensive etc. I have planet and should be able to code the spare key up. However, I'm not sure if the secret 4 digit pin number will be supplied as these are often lost over the years though it does come with full dealership service history. So my question is can I 'clone' the working key with planet and then copy it to the spare key or do I need this 4 digit pin? Both keys are identical remote with transponder. I pick the car up in a week or so. Sorry if this has been asked already but have searched all over and cannot find a solution.

Regards

Wayne

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK thanks for that both. It may well come with the pin card anyway but will be in touch Trustme if not. I will check the spare key. It's not essential we have 2 keys but just in case of emergency....

·
Registered
54 Posts
this maybe a stupid question, we have one flip key with remote central locking and one standard key without a remote

since both keys are coded to the car and start the car fine, is there a way we can easily convert the none remote key into a flip remote key? without having to have a 3rd key coded?

·
Registered
54 Posts
the saab i have is about £100 to have a fully coded key aswell so i was expecting that sort of cost, may add it onto our "when we win the lottery" list lol i suppose if it aint broke dont fix it approach, just would be nice to have two remotes, all depends how long shes planning on keeping the car

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
i can supply genuine remotes and after market remotes for Peugeot but unless you bring the car to me you would need to program it in and you need the security code to do that and all keys present

·
Registered
25 Posts
You have not written that the you with other key unlocked manually or remotely ...
If the remote works, you do not need to re-code the keys, but the key is probably damaged, does not send a signal.
"trustme", I occasionally need codes for Peugeot, can we have an agreement for cooperation?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Well we have this car now and it really is a buty, runs lovely. I have opened up the spare key and all the circuitry seems to be there. It unlocks the car fine but when turning on ignition it gives the warning 'anti-theft system faulty' and won't fire up the car. Is it worth re-coding this key or could it be a faulty transponder? Not got the pin code with the car. I am considering phoning up the previous owner on the V5 and if no luck will have to purchase the code.

Anyway, aside from all this t'is the season to be jolly tralalalalalalalala so have a good un all!!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Hi all just to finish this up:

The 2nd key would not recode so faulty transponder. I stupidly bought a second hand flip key with the same PCB board off ebay and (cackhandedly) swapped the blade, same problem (only a tenner wasted)
I then found a company online who sell virgin transponder keys and can cut the blade to the mechanical code which I obtained together with the pin code from Bettyswollox's website at a very reasonable price. I only needed it as an emergency spare so got a standard non remote transponder with blade cut to the code and now coded up fine to start the car. £18 for the codes, £18 for the key plus £6 for cutting and arrived next day. I then charged myself £100 for using planet to make it seem a proper dealer fleece job! Am I correct in thinking only new 'virgin' transponders can be coded? Seemed so from my experience.

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Hi all just to finish this up:

The 2nd key would not recode so faulty transponder. I stupidly bought a second hand flip key with the same PCB board off ebay and (cackhandedly) swapped the blade, same problem (only a tenner wasted)
I then found a company online who sell virgin transponder keys and can cut the blade to the mechanical code which I obtained together with the pin code from Bettyswollox's website at a very reasonable price. I only needed it as an emergency spare so got a standard non remote transponder with blade cut to the code and now coded up fine to start the car. £18 for the codes, £18 for the key plus £6 for cutting and arrived next day. I then charged myself £100 for using planet to make it seem a proper dealer fleece job! Am I correct in thinking only new 'virgin' transponders can be coded? Seemed so from my experience.
I could have done a standard key with cut blade to code for about £20

1 - 20 of 25 Posts