Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello , i have a 2001 peugeot 307 1.6 lx ,
had the vehicle 2 years never had a problem with the key or car ,
basically the window screen was vandalised so i had the window replaced and in the mean time the battery ran dead for maybe 3 -4 days before charging ,
now the battery is charged i attempted to open the car with central locking byt had no response from the car at all , so had to open car with key manually, then when i attempt to start the car it seems as though it gets as far as actually firing up but just wont fire, i am assuming this is a keycode issue and dont want to pay for recoding if its not going to fix the problem .
please someone help !
Thanks

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Try to start car, switch ignition off, leave key in ignition, open driver's door... do you get beeping to tell you key is in ignition still?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try to start car, switch ignition off, leave key in ignition, open driver's door... do you get beeping to tell you key is in ignition still?
I have tried this and the car is not making the beeping sound that it used to make when the door was open with key in ignition now it is just silent ??????

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
I have tried this and the car is not making the beeping sound that it used to make when the door was open with key in ignition now it is just silent ??????
Then your car has lost it settings, this is common on 2.0 110bhp engine, plug planet in and set the BSI back up, you will need the pin code to do this

1 - 5 of 5 Posts