Peugeot Forums banner

Key code, defective key fob

4K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Ian M Davis 
#1 ·
HI :D

I have a 2002 206 and my remote central locking does not work from the key buttons. I checked the battery and its giving out 3V, the required amount. Any suggestions, ideas as to why the key buttons are not working? :confused:

#2 ·
try a bsi reset

Put the driver's window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all equipment is switched off.
Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the ignition.
Wait for 3 minutes (at least), disconnect the vehicle battery and wait 15 seconds (at least).
Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (at least) (do not open doors.).
Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.
Switch on the ignition (position 2) and check system's functionality.
Within 10 seconds of turning on ignition to position 2 Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.
Remove key open & close door test central locking system.
Start the engine and complete the system's check.

#13 ·
try a bsi reset

Put the driver's window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all equipment is switched off.
Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the ignition.
Wait for 3 minutes (at least), disconnect the vehicle battery and wait 15 seconds (at least).
Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (at least) (do not open doors.).
Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.
Switch on the ignition (position 2) and check system's functionality.
Within 10 seconds of turning on ignition to position 2 Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.
Remove key open & close door test central locking system.
Start the engine and complete the system's check.
Hi, I’ve just done this on my car, twice, it still won’t start. I’m not getting the 3 beeps when I open my door with the keys still in. Help, does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

#7 · (Edited)
There are four different flavours of fob, distinguishable only by sticker on the outside and the Part No on the packaging. Which is correct for your car depends on date of manufacture and whether the car has front foglamps. Sounds unlikely, but it's true.

Do not be tempted to buy a second-hand fob. Even if it is the right flavour, it cannot be repurposed to a different vehicle from the one it was originally programmed to. The exception is if you get the keys, engine ECU and BSI from another car, and fit them all.

Do not be tempted to buy a new fob from Chinese EBay sellers as they do not cater for the four flavours, and some people have found that they do not work in their car.

If you want to post or PM the last eight digits of your VIN, I'll look up the Peugeot Part No for your car. Expect to pay upwards of £55. Then you will need the four digit security code, originally supplied on a card with the car. If you don't have that, you can get the code for about £20. Then you will need Peugeot Planet 2000 (software) plus Lexia hardware to program the new fob to the car. A dealer will charge upwards of £120 for all that.

NOTE to Mods: Could this post be made a sticky?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.