Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

just getting round to changing the slightly mank key that I have for my 307.

It's a 2 button flip key (as pictured below), the flip key doesn't work as the cross on the plastic is worn down and the button rubbers are fairly worn.

Looking on ebay I can see that they list 2 different types, one with the battery attached to the pcb and another where the battery is mounted in the shell (I obviously have the shell mounted one). But they all seem to have the key blade mounted into a plastic case rather than uncovered like mine (pic for reference below)

Is there another type with the blade loose like mine, or am I just missing the plastic part that covers the key?

Will my board fit in a key case with the blade under a plastic cover or are they a different layout. I've tried fitting the board to another key that has the plastic cover but with the pcb mounted battery and it wouldn't go in as the plastic locating pins are in different places.

All I want for now is a case to transfer my existing blade and pcb to. The other key that I have (the one that my PCB wouldn't fit in) is complete and I will program it to the car once I get round to getting the secure code.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Hi all,

just getting round to changing the slightly mank key that I have for my 307.

It's a 2 button flip key (as pictured below), the flip key doesn't work as the cross on the plastic is worn down and the button rubbers are fairly worn.

Looking on ebay I can see that they list 2 different types, one with the battery attached to the pcb and another where the battery is mounted in the shell (I obviously have the shell mounted one). But they all seem to have the key blade mounted into a plastic case rather than uncovered like mine (pic for reference below)

Is there another type with the blade loose like mine, or am I just missing the plastic part that covers the key?

Will my board fit in a key case with the blade under a plastic cover or are they a different layout. I've tried fitting the board to another key that has the plastic cover but with the pcb mounted battery and it wouldn't go in as the plastic locating pins are in different places.

All I want for now is a case to transfer my existing blade and pcb to. The other key that I have (the one that my PCB wouldn't fit in) is complete and I will program it to the car once I get round to getting the secure code.
your key blade should be mounted in a piece of plastic like the ebay one and the flip bit can not be removed but the blade can be removed from the flip bit if you look you will see a pin that you knock out to remove just the blade

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, so I haven't got some obscure key, just one that's missing a chunk of plastic inside! That would make more sense, I'll nip on ebay and get a replacement case for it. :D

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
You can remove the flip section and its spring but it is a fiddly job to get it back together i bought the same case as that for my daughters C3 and fitted her old key complete into the new case by removing its flip button and spring from the blank key to the original key but as said its not easy !

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all, the key shell arrived today, switched the transponder/battery over to it and using a hammer and old glasses screwdriver I managed to switch the blade.

I've now got what looks like a new key for £4.50 :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts