Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post- been a lurker for a while, but after an unsuccessful answer search I felt it was time to register..

I'm well aware of how the coding process on the 307 works , however my problem is as follows:

My partner bought a 2002 307 rapier last year. It only came with a solid key, which naturally means she has to place the key in the drivers lock to open it up.

I have been using the vehicle as mine is awaiting a clutch- hence I think it is about time to treat her to a remote key... :lol: ( as in i'm fed up with it )

Can anyone advise what sort of key a 2002 rapier came with.. I have bought a few from ebay , and I have been unable to code the remote part of the key... So i'm assuming there may be a few variants of a key ( which i cant check any part numbers as I only have a solid key ) .

I have all the relevant security codes for the transponder coding phase via PP ( yes I have a virgin Phillips transponder chip ready to go).

Any help much appreciated as the problem is annoying me :-D..

1) What sort of key did the 2002 307 rapier come with(UK) ( 2 button/3 button/flip ??)
2) Any part numbers?
3) any links to sites which offer cheap remote keys if Ebay is a negative?

Many Thanks in advance

GG

D

·
0 Posts
Are the keys you got secondhand?
Secondhand key cannot be retrained to another car.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have same car, comes with the 2 button non-flip, like this:

PEUGEOT 107 207 206 307 2 BUTTON REMOTE KEY FOB CASE BLADE NEW | eBay

I've no idea as to the process for getting a remote key cheaply - although im interested to know too as I only have 1 key with mine. Most on ebay seem to just offer an empty key housing to transfer the board from your old key to, rather than a whole new key.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts