Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
This is my first post.
A few days ago I handed over 250 AUS dollars to my local auto electrician for getting my 2004 407 3.0 petrol going after it ran out of fuel...???
He did a lot of stuff apparently. mostly replacing number 8 fuse to the starter coil....which just blew again tonight on my good woman's way home from work... she mentioned that half way home the steering became heavy. When I went to restart: nothing. replace fuse 8 all good.
Now I do have the ABS sensor going off and it is ordered, 180 bucks plus fitting. (arghh) I've read on a thread elsewhere that the ABS and speed info sensor are the same unit and the latter informs the power steering so I'm just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience....after running out of fuel?!?! This vehicle does a lot of short trips and very long trips and this is the first hiccup in 18 months since purchase.
Oh yeah and also maybe the starter motor? solenoid? this must be a separate issue?
cheers for any thoughts

·
Registered
49 Posts
hi bud , my number 8 fuse went and it was down to the starter motor pulling to much power , replaced with a new one and so far had no problems thats been over 4 weeks now , good luck .

·
5,028 Posts
I think i remember reading that its a 20amp fuse but replacing it with a 25amp cures this...................BUT................. dont take my word for this get it checked first, It aint my fault if you change the fuse and it goes wrong :nono:

·
Registered
14,636 Posts
We had to put 25 amp fuses in some of our taxis as they draw too much current and as trem says its a known issue BUT the petrol engine should not blow a 20 amp fuse as it is much easier on the starter.

I recon you may have a problem but it may just be a wiring issue as the v6 starters tend to last a long time usually the life of the car !!

Left front ABS sensor feeds the speedo and if faulty will affect steering any other one faulty wont affect speedo or steering

1 - 5 of 5 Posts