Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking of buying one of these for my 307, are they really worth the money, will they last as long as they say.

G

·
Unlikely to give you any more power, but properly maintained will last as long as they say. I fitted a K & N panel to my 308, simply because it's an hour long job to change the air filter, so I can now forget it for 40 or more K miles.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1 hour to change air filter, took less than 5 mins in my 307.....

·
Registered
41 Posts
daffyduck said:
Was thinking of buying one of these for my 307, are they really worth the money, will they last as long as they say.
Will give you an induction roar but not much if any increase in power.

G

·
daffyduck said:
1 hour to change air filter, took less than 5 mins in my 307.....
Yeah, but in the 308 the airbox completely concealed under the bulkhead. 2 of the 4 screws have to be released and retightened by feel alone, and removing all the ancillaries recommended in Servicebox meant it took longer than it did for me to do the front discs and pads. A total access mare, even with my lanky long fingers.

conversely, if it takes 5 minutes on the 407 I'd be taking my sweet time.

BTW, zilch noticeable performance or noise difference, I simply don't have to go pot-holing in the 308s engine bay for a few extra miles is the only tangible benefit, and that's a good enough reason!

·
Registered
184 Posts
chopper1192 said:
Yeah, but in the 308 the airbox completely concealed under the bulkhead. 2 of the 4 screws have to be released and retightened by feel alone, and removing all the ancillaries recommended in Servicebox meant it took longer than it did for me to do the front discs and pads. A total access mare, even with my lanky long fingers.

conversely, if it takes 5 minutes on the 407 I'd be taking my sweet time.

BTW, zilch noticeable performance or noise difference, I simply don't have to go pot-holing in the 308s engine bay for a few extra miles is the only tangible benefit, and that's a good enough reason!
:O Shocking. You'd think manufacturers would stick common servicable items easily accessible. An air filter under the bulkhead, LMFAO crazy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts