Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, im new on here! My question is im thinking of getting a K+N air filter for my 1.9d 206, please can anyone advise me is it really worth it for performance? Im just hoping to get a bit more out of my 206 and i wondered how much % increase the K+Ns really give?
Thank you in advance!

G

·
Naff all difference on your diseasel. That said, you won't need to clean it for c.50k miles, so it's largely fit and forget, so worth it in that sense if you can get one cheap enough.

Stick with panel filters though - cones on a diesel sound atrocious.

·
Registered
239 Posts
you will see very little in the way of performance but it does improve the air low and its noise,

they are not a performance item as many think they look nice and take up less space than a standard filter so you can add performance related things in that space,

are they worth it "yes"

G

·
buel said:
Thanks for that, by 'panel' you mean the standard paper 'Fram' ones? And how often should i change them please?
By panel I meant a K & N panel filter that fits in the original airbox, as opposed to a cone filter that clamps onto the inlet.

Assuming normal use I would be changing a standard type paper air filter every 12k miles on one of those.

TBH, you can stick an air filter from a Saturn 5 on your engine and it'll make nob all difference. You'd need to get the fuelling changed - if yours is the non-turbo even that won't make much difference, maybe only 1 or 2 bhp.

However, if it's the turbo you have then another 20-25bhp can genuinely be yours with the fuelling optimised. Be warned - the 206 used a semi electronic pump and they're a bugger to adjust yourselves as they'll keep trying to compensate for the adjustment themselves to achieve the base settings, but a pro in the know (Derv Doctor, for example) can do it for a few hundred nicker. But even then the air filter will have a very minimal effect, unless it's so old and crudded it looks like a slice of turf.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ha ha, thanks for that! Unfortunately it is just the standard 1.9, no turbo! I will get another 'normal' filter today, bloody £20 they are, expensive eh? Thank you for that!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.