Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Will have to be tomorrow as I'm at work until 10pm

·
Registered
46 Posts
Here is the letter we receive in France:

Concerning the replacement interval of the timing belt, it is written that it changes to 6years/100.000km.

Then they speak about a arduous maintenance related to the answer of 2 questions:

1) What is your annual mileage ?
a) less than 15.000km b) more than 15.000km
2) What is the length of your usual trips ?
a) more than 10km b) less than 10km

If you answer b) to this 2 questions, Peugeot recommend to switch to a arduous maintenance but they do not clearly explain what is a arduous maintenance.

Last but not least at, if you look at a service schedule of a recent car (here a 308 1.2l 130hp/2019), the arduous replacement for the timing belt is 105.000km/6years !

If you want to do something more unclear, it may be difficult :D

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The letter sent out here in the UK is basically the same.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Glad I came on here, booked mine in on the 2nd March at Swansway in Chester.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys I just received the letter today, it basically says they will do a software update on potential loss of braking assistance and also a check on the brake vacuum pump and timing belt.

Previously commenter was correct they now suggest changing timing belts at 6 years or 62500 miles

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got a 19 plate 308sw 1.2 puertech 130bhp last month, sorry to find this thread!

Thanks for the updates, looks like I'll need to change my timing belt in 40,000 miles (have about 23,000 miles on the clock), does anyone know the cost for this? I do quite high mileage so that's probably in about 2 years.

I switched from diesel to petrol as I do a lot of town driving and thought petrol was better suited as it doesn't have a dpf to clog up, but it seems this puretech has it's own clogging-up issues with bits coming off the belt!

What a shame, the engine is great to drive.

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I got a 19 plate 308sw 1.2 puertech 130bhp last month, sorry to find this thread!

Thanks for the updates, looks like I'll need to change my timing belt in 40,000 miles (have about 23,000 miles on the clock), does anyone know the cost for this? I do quite high mileage so that's probably in about 2 years.

I switched from diesel to petrol as I do a lot of town driving and thought petrol was better suited as it doesn't have a dpf to clog up, but it seems this puretech has it's own clogging-up issues with bits coming off the belt!

What a shame, the engine is great to drive.

Your 2019 vehicle isn't affected by this recall- its meant to have an upgraded timing belt.

Continue to follow the service schedule / belt replacement interval Peugeot UK publish for your vehicle VIN unless Peugeot UK notify you of any changes.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
See earlier post in this thread:

" Concerns March 2013 - April 2017 built Puretech 110 / 130 engines. "

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks Mr Lee, hopefully the upgraded timing belt is up to the job. The Puetech engine is great otherwise, it would be a shame if this let it down.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Had my letter today, so will get it booked in for next week, hopefully. The timing belt shouldn't be an issue as I intend to replace the car before it reaches 6 years old

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just wondering which is major upgrade for Puretech built after april 2017 ?

My 9/2018 308 runs Dayco belt with yellow letters. Engine with gasoline particle filter.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys !
Received my Urgent Safety recall today. Recall Code JZR.

My question is this,
Intermittent EML warning light has been appearing on the dash for the past few months. Taken it to to be looked at, was given a EML fault code (P103266) Which translates to Self Ignition before spark (Rumble) (frequency too high) The problem has been blamed on compression of all 3 Cylinders being too low.

Would these issues I have been experiencing with my 1.2 Puretech be related in anyway to this urgent safety recall ?

EDIT - I have been told the vehicle needs a new engine..

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

My 9/2018 308 runs Dayco belt with yellow letters. Engine with gasoline particle filter.
The newer belt is meant to last longer before failing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
JZR recall campaign for the Puretech 110 / 130 finally hits the UK ( already rolling out across Europe ) - measure / check the timing belt & update the software.

Failure of the timing belt can damage the brake vacuum pump which can lead to loss of braking assistance.

UK owners can check there VIN on the link below.

Recall Campaigns - VIN (peugeot.co.uk)

My 308 has been recalled by Peugeot but it's not on the DVSA database yet.

Concerns March 2013 - April 2017 built Puretech 110 / 130 engines.
Hi.
I've just got a letter for the JZR recall although I've already fixed this issue and the car is fully up and running for a few months. The recall is on the DVSA database, and I don't really know what to do.

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Has your vehicle had the JZR software update for the braking system carried out?

The Peugeot main dealer informs Peugeot UK once the outstanding recall has been completed.

Peugeot UK then informs the DVSA the recall has been carried out & the warning flag is removed from the data base for that VIN.

Speak to you Peugeot main dealer & get the car booked in.

Recall work like this is FREE.

·
Premium Member
3,015 Posts
All the dealer is required to do regarding the belt is to check the width with their gauge, yours would check as OK.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all, my Peugeot 308sw 1.2 had a completely new engine last year - car was using oil and no explanation could be found. Quite worrying regardless that a 4 year old car would require a new engine.

Software aside, would the other elements in this recall apply to this car due to the new engine? (I don't know what exactly was replaced, although I have asked for documentation)

·
Registered
6 Posts

Yes, As a 2019 model owner I can’t say my mind is at rest about this issue, let’s hope the new belt is up to the job.

Also, my handbook and device book doesn’t give the change interval, I’ve googled for it but can’t find it, does anyone know where I can find it?

It’s also curious this issue gets a lot of discussion on this 308 thread, but not so much on other models that I thought used the same engine? (E.g 5008).

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Hi all, my Peugeot 308sw 1.2 had a completely new engine last year - car was using oil and no explanation could be found. Quite worrying regardless that a 4 year old car would require a new engine.

Software aside, would the other elements in this recall apply to this car due to the new engine? (I don't know what exactly was replaced, although I have asked for documentation)
If you get a recall letter then YES it needs to go in.

There's a link to the Peugeot UK recall checker on the first post of this thread - you can check your VIN there.

·
Premium Member
3,015 Posts
I think my concern is that the same wet belt is used in all the Puretech engines, with or without a turbo, but this recall and possible belt replacement under warranty only seems to be for the turbo engines. Presumably the non turbo ones are just left to fall apart as far as Peugeot is concerned. Wife has a 2008 with the non turbo 1200 engine.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts