Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afteroon all, Ive got what has been a pretty fault-free 1.6hdi until a few months ago when it started hesitating/missing very intermittently. Traced it to a dodgy plug on the crank-sensor. Thats fine, I know what it is. Then Planet said the EGR valve was sticking: got what I thought was a good used OEM one from online, stuck it on, runs lovely. Been good for a month or so now, pulled into a car park, tried to start it again..nothing. Cranked ok but no firing up. Thought..crap..crank-sensor packed in. Stuck the OBD on and it gave all the usual EGR codes but I thought that may have been old stuff from the replacement. I know the fuel tank float had been playing up so I kept it well up just in case but I realised I had done 400 miles and the tank still showed a third full so I put a gallon in from the jerry can. I primed it: it was a little soft but not overly so gave it a dozen squeezes, cranked it, started on the key, happy as larry. If Id let it run low and drawn air in could this account for this ? Also, you can just CHANGE these EGR valves cant you and they learn themselves in - there is nothing software-wise to have to do is there?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts