Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

I have a 2004 2.2 807 Executive. Had it for about a year now with no problems to report.
However just driving along today and for a split second the message "anti pollution fault" came up on my dash, the engine managament light came on and then the car just died. I managed to coast into a layby, tried to start it again, nothing.
Called for recovery, he got the error code P0020 camshaft position sensor.

Thats all I know. Has anyone experienced this before, and what was the outcome?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
If the car can`t see camshaft then it`ll tell engine to stop , check wiring to camshaft then replace camshaft sensor , check for any damage to sensor ring from below.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying so quickly. I'm not too hot with this car as I've never really looked properly under the bonnet, where abouts is the sensor? I have a friend coming round later today to help.
Thanks again

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, without warning, pulling away from a roundabout, "Anti Pollution Error" engine light then nothing.

D

·
0 Posts
I'll bet the timing has slipped.
What mileage have you on it? And when was the timing belt done?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the only thing I can find is that the Aug drive belt and cranckshaft were replaced at 39480 miles in June 2009. Its covered 67K now. Has full Peugeot service history so whether it was changed with them I dont know?

D

·
0 Posts
This doesn't mean anything on this engine. Its pretty weak. The belt is 8 years old and should be done at 70k or five years.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok,

Friend of mine (used to be a mechanic a few years back) came round and had a quick look with me. We took the cover off where the timing belt is a little so that we could see inside, turned the engine on the key and nothing inside the cover moved!
He seems to think belt is most probably snapped

Would you agree?

Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, so from experience, what should I expect when I get it to the garage? or is it not worth repairing!!

D

·
0 Posts
Biggest problem will be labour. They are a nightmare to do.
I'd put a secondhand engine in that is if a good one can be found. It comes out from the front when bumper, rad etc is removed.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Been looking online this morning. I might have found a replacement engine for my car.

Could someone please tell me how long I should expect it would take for a mechanic to swap engines over?
Just so I can plan a budget for repairs.
Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts