Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my car from the dealer, its a GT Pack spec car, and THERE IS NO WIRELESS CHARGING PAD !! I was under impression that it is standard in gt line and above. Is it normal or I am not sure why do they call it GT pack then ?? My dealer said its an additional option, like what the heck!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Nope, automatic
The latest UK specification doesn't mention the wireless charging at all as far as I can see, apart from 2 rear USBs - "Standard only with wireless smartphone charging". That suggests that wireless charging is now an option but I can't see it anywhere.
The UK Specification Sheet on the Peugeot website had been out of date for the best part of a year, so a change in specification was coming. It's just been updated with an April 2021 edition, what is the latest edition that you can see?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Damn wth :(
I was so hopeful :(

And this cannot be installed later i believe, right?
It wouldn't be easy but probably not impossible. When I've used mine it hardly adds anything in 30 minutes so I don't think you're missing anything. The best solution would be to either plug your phone in to a USB or see if you can get a USB charging plate to plug in, either would probably charge much faster.

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
Yeah i will try to get some external plate, thanks for answering:)
If it’s any consolation I’ve only used mine 2 or 3 times in 2 years. Is it the only feature you are missing. What annoys me is that the dealers seam to o on pay no attention to what features the customer has paid for at the time of ordering and the spec in force on that day the contract is signed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a one year old GT, it has the charging pad fitted as standard and it works very well, will charge my phone up to 30% even on a 20 minute run and fully charge within an hour or so.
My previous car did not have one and I bought a Samsung pad from ebay for just a couple of pounds and it worked very well as long as you got the phone positioned correctly.

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
I have a one year old GT, it has the charging pad fitted as standard and it works very well, will charge my phone up to 30% even on a 20 minute run and fully charge within an hour or so.
My previous car did not have one and I bought a Samsung pad from ebay for just a couple of pounds and it worked very well as long as you got the phone positioned correctly.
I guess the question is will it be worth spending £130 for that feature in future? Maybe not if you can buy one cheap enough from ebay, presumably having to use a USB port for it though. Maybe yes as £130 is less than 0.5% when spending circa £40K and it’s covered by a decent warranty.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Just checked with a mate that works for a Pug dealer. He confirms that the wireless charging spot is now an optional extra, even on the GT trim.

How very VAG Group of Peugeot!

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
Just checked with a mate that works for a Pug dealer. He confirms that the wireless charging spot is now an optional extra, even on the GT trim.

How very VAG Group of Peugeot!
Yeah, they do that from time to time though don’t they. I remember buying a 307SW and I was miffed as the previous model had the electro rear view mirror and rain sensing wipers. They had dropped both on the one I bought. You just have to be really careful and research the features you will get.

Reactions: Blue407

·
Registered
20 Posts
It doesn't help the original poster but I ordered the previous 508 with optional quad zone aircon from new. After the order had gone in the option was combined with colour head up display which I effectively got for free.

·
Registered
183 Posts
It wouldn't be easy but probably not impossible. When I've used mine it hardly adds anything in 30 minutes so I don't think you're missing anything. The best solution would be to either plug your phone in to a USB or see if you can get a USB charging plate to plug in, either would probably charge much faster.
The rate that a phone is charged wirelessly depends on what phone you have. My Samsung Galaxy Note 9 charges quite quickly whereas my Note 10 was really slow. My iPhone XR seems a bit slow as well.

·
Registered
236 Posts
The rate that a phone is charged wirelessly depends on what phone you have. My Samsung Galaxy Note 9 charges quite quickly whereas my Note 10 was really slow. My iPhone XR seems a bit slow as well.
I used to use Samsungs and they used to charge quickly, my old iPhone 8 was slow in the car and my current iPhone 12 appears slow but I've only tried it once. I don't know if having them in a case makes any difference but either way, I've yet to need to charge a phone in my car. I carry a cable in the door pocket so I'd use that if I did need to charge it. I also found that the smaller iPhone 8 would slide when cornering and there were times when it moved enough to stop charging. It's not the easiest location to check it and adjust whilst driving either, it'd be a better space for storage.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I used to use Samsungs and they used to charge quickly, my old iPhone 8 was slow in the car and my current iPhone 12 appears slow but I've only tried it once. I don't know if having them in a case makes any difference but either way, I've yet to need to charge a phone in my car. I carry a cable in the door pocket so I'd use that if I did need to charge it. I also found that the smaller iPhone 8 would slide when cornering and there were times when it moved enough to stop charging. It's not the easiest location to check it and adjust whilst driving either, it'd be a better space for storage.
As they say, size matters, and I'm lucky that my Note 9 in its case is a perfect fit for the space so no sliding about, even when driving in Sports mode LOL. Totally understand and appreciate the issues with smaller phones though. Worth remembering that not many people would spend £30 - £40k on a car on the basis of whether or not it has a charging pad. £20 will get you an add-on pad anyway.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I see your frustration albeit they say wireless charging don't match the capability of charging the phone via USB but it's a cool and very convenient option regardless

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
I see your frustration albeit they say wireless charging don't match the capability of charging the phone via USB but it's a cool and very convenient option regardless
It is convenient to have but not essential. My wife uses the one in mine more than I do, but as a passenger she can’t see the charging light come on because it is on my side and not that easy to see. I would not miss the plate if it wasn’t there.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts