Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

some of you may have seen my earlier posts regarding the failure of my cambelt. The car is currently in bits with the engine on my mechanics floor.

I can't really afford to go the full hog and have a replacement engine put in, so I might have to sell it unless Peugeot agree to help in the cost of repairing it.

Can anyone tell me how much my 54 plate 807 executive is worth in its current state?

Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a 54 plate Silver executive 2.2hdi 6 speed with 67000 miles on the clock. Full pug service history apart from last year

D

·
0 Posts
Its a 54 plate Silver executive 2.2hdi 6 speed with 67000 miles on the clock. Full pug service history apart from last year
54 plate means nothing to me. Based in Southern Irl. What is the year of registration.

D

·
0 Posts
Ok, basing on your first post or there abouts you mention trying to get Peugeot to give you good will on the damage. Don't even go down that road on an 8yr old vehicle.
Have you the engine stripped on it? Why, if you know whats wrong with it just fit a secondhand engine. Old one out new one in. Done in a day and a half.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheapest quote I've had is £2000 to exchange the engine and fit. Money I don't have or can justify lon a car thats almost 8 years old.

The reason I talked about Peugeot helping with the cost was that someone posted on a forum about 6 months ago that they succeeded to get Peugeot to contribute to the same repair on a car that was the same age as mine.
He argued that when the car was built, Peugeot recommended 10 years or 120,000 miles between cambelt changes. He told Peugeot that the belt was not fit for purpose, and because they had serviced the vehicle every year and not recommended a change sooner, that they were partly to blame.

·
Registered
430 Posts
As stated Peugeot ,as a company ,would have little or no interest in helping you with your problem , unless it was fitting a " Paid for at full price " new engine . As far as any Peugeot dealer is concerned your car is about to enter " Banger " territory !!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"banger Territory" it makes you laugh doesn't it! They put a belt on and say it will last for at least 10 years or 120,000 miles,but it snaps after 7.5 years, but its still a banger!

Anyway, I think I'm going to have to cut my losses and sell it as is. If anyone is interested or knows anyone that is, please let me know.

I'm open to offers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts