Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Very first post on the forum but have been reading for a few weeks and thanks to much of the information on here, I've just ordered a 1.2 Auto Allure, only extra added is the full size spare wheel.

Was considering key-less entry but have some security doubts, along with not really liking where the start button is placed. I've got it on my Lexus which i'm trading in but can't say it's a feature I'll miss.

However, I am possibly regretting my decision to not add the rather pricey LED headlights option. I've just realised that the more aggressive front bumper is only for cars with these added, and I do think visually it makes quite a difference but £850 is pretty steep. Has anyone had the same dilemma?

Also, does anyone know if you spec the LED lights on the Allure you get the Peugeot symbol on the puddle lights? Or is that just for the GT models?

Look forward to playing an active part here on the forum!

·
Registered
254 Posts
LED lights

I ordered a GT line as I felt I needed the LED lights - they make a tremendous difference when driving at night.

No idea about the puddle lights but they do look good

How much more was a GT line over an allure?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the Allure and added the LED lights and focal, I am pleased with both options. The led lights also have the cornering fog lights when going slow around corners, the wing mirrors have the puddle lights but no peugeot logo in the light.
Very pleased with the car so far, no issues.

·
Administrator
2,878 Posts
Welvome to thd gang TrainDriver,

I have the LED lights on my GTLine and it was mainly because of the lights we went for it over the Allure.

I muse say I'm so glad we did as it's a huge difference compared to our previous cars halogens.

It is steep to go to for them as an option or indeed go for a GT LINE over the Allure, but I would say if you can extend your budget a little more, and you do a lot of night driving, it's worth the extra.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have an Allure and I choose LED. One of the reasons it is expensive is that it comes with an new front end so it looks the same as the GT line and GT with the teeth in between the lights . but the lights are really good at night. Its a great car.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I ordered a GT line as I felt I needed the LED lights - they make a tremendous difference when driving at night.

No idea about the puddle lights but they do look good

How much more was a GT line over an allure?
I think the GT line over the allure adds about another 2K for the standard specs.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for your thoughts, I'll have a good think and might give the dealer a ring tomorrow and see if I can still add them on to the order. Still a mystery regarding setting the lights for driving abroad it seems, maybe LED is more suited?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hi everyone,

Very first post on the forum but have been reading for a few weeks and thanks to much of the information on here, I've just ordered a 1.2 Auto Allure, only extra added is the full size spare wheel.

Was considering key-less entry but have some security doubts, along with not really liking where the start button is placed. I've got it on my Lexus which i'm trading in but can't say it's a feature I'll miss.

However, I am possibly regretting my decision to not add the rather pricey LED headlights option. I've just realised that the more aggressive front bumper is only for cars with these added, and I do think visually it makes quite a difference but £850 is pretty steep. Has anyone had the same dilemma?

Also, does anyone know if you spec the LED lights on the Allure you get the Peugeot symbol on the puddle lights? Or is that just for the GT models?

I also ordered Allure with LED and was also had doubt before due to pricing. Did lot of research and asked previous users. I added this after putting the order but before start manufacturing. But it is a worth addition in my opinion.

You only get a puddle lights but there will not be any Peugeot symbol. It is exclusively for GT Line and GT.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I think the GT line over the allure adds about another 2K for the standard specs.
Then its only £1150 from a GT line and I would rather have the GT Line than an allure with LED lights and focal.

But its horses for courses and £2k up front is quite a chunk of cash but i wonder how much per month on a lease deal?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Sometimes by going up a trim leasing cost is cheaper because residual value is better.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I wasn?t bothered about ordering LED lights for my Allure- too much money at £850 and I thought ?what?s the point?? But now when I look at my car with the headlights on, the day running lights look cool and really make the headlights look naff in comparison :(

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I wasn?t bothered about ordering LED lights for my Allure- too much money at £850 and I thought ?what?s the point?? But now when I look at my car with the headlights on, the day running lights look cool and really make the headlights look naff in comparison :(
I like that, when a fellow member is prepared to show his/her downfall in order to help others not make the same possible bad judgement. :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like that, when a fellow member is prepared to show his/her downfall in order to help others not make the same possible bad judgement. :)
Absolutely, thanks shamilt1 for your input, needless to say I have called the dealership today and added the LED option, it'll add some time onto the delivery date but I think it'll be worth it.

Have you looked into some Osram Night Breaker Unlimited headlight bulbs, might make the halogens look a bit more white?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Absolutely, thanks shamilt1 for your input, needless to say I have called the dealership today and added the LED option, it'll add some time onto the delivery date but I think it'll be worth it.

Have you looked into some Osram Night Breaker Unlimited headlight bulbs, might make the halogens look a bit more white?
Brilliant..... Others thank the one who reported his/her bad judgement whilst at the same time offering ideas to improve their situation. :thumb:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Brilliant..... Others thank the one who reported his/her bad judgement whilst at the same time offering ideas to improve their situation. :thumb:
That's what this wonderfully active forum is all about, we're all in it together, for better or worse :thumb:

I found that putting some Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited bulbs in the 2014 Volvo V40 I had made a big difference, as good as it gets for halogens. The Philips ones don't seem to last quite as long or be as white (X-tremeVision).

·
Registered
620 Posts
Hi everyone,

Light Atmospheric phenomenon Lighting Sky Automotive lighting

:D

I went for these instead of the sun roof :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
went from xenon to led i was not sure how a dinky little electronic do-dat could be any better than xenons ...well my RCZ had led never going back to anything other than led again they are IMO better than a glowing bit of something or other not really sure how the light seems to be just better?
my son and i did a test in a wall at 10 meters his halogens vs my led height and width both comparable but led were just brighter ...without blinding the thing was his were like looking at an old TV mine were like a 4k TV just better i think the purchase price as an extra will be worth it in the long run .....love em and as i live in a very rural area down the lanes they are a godsend

1 - 19 of 19 Posts