Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a new 3008. I'll miss the awesomely reliable and brilliant driving 308, but woman has been wanting one for a while and threatened to deprive me of sex unless I got her one.

By the time I'd spec'd a few bits it came to more than an RCZ THP 150, but then I'm not ghey and don't have a small willy, so the RCZ is of no interest.

10 to 14 days for it to arrive. Cannae wait.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm stubbornly holding out for a medical retirement at work. Dunno if I'll get it, but if I do I'll clear my mortgage and still have 2 decent cars. 2 days a week on the trolleys at Tesco and I'm sorted ;)

Meanwhile though, it has left my reserves depleted so any 407 replacement will be a way off now. Archaeologists will be unearthing the 407 in millenia to come, and doubtless I'll still be sat behind the wheel...

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
chopper1192 said:
And it's arrived. The missus loves it. I should be well rewarded come bed time ;)
After the thrill and excitement of a new 3008 you could be under pressure , don`t think about under performing , get that thought out of your head ,oh the shame of it , the pressure, the pressure,

ps keep your head up.:lol: :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Economy mode's not an issue for me, so I'm leaving it as is. Swollocks is right - I doing a job on Planet for a 407oc member soon. I won't charge him because he's a donating club member, but doubtless a few tinnies of the amber nectar will come my way!

Well lads, the missus showed me her gratitude last night and allowed me to park the beef bus in tuna town last night! She's already left for work and snuck the 3008 before I can nab it for the day!

That said, I'll miss the 308. I couldn't fault it, and it was uber reliable. If anyone on here buys a 5 door 308 Sport, KM08ONC from Perrys, then rest assured you got a good 'un.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanx Bettys

Would be nice if it were that easy.
PEUG told me that any messing with the Economy Mode, would void the
warranty.
Would that also happen over there?
The best they will do, is give me $100 towards a portable radio.

GEE THANX but they can stick it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To be fair, a wee little portable is ideal if you want to use it at drive ins. I grinned when I read it, but that's job done. You'd get a nice one for that kinda cash.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
12 days into my ownership and it's well and truly busted.

Depolution fault.

Cruise has packed up.

It's losing power, and with only 110BHP on tap it can't afford to lose any more!

NSR door rattles over uneven surfaces.

And then there's the rust on the rear doors.

Not good.

She's going in tomorrow, and the missus is having their RCZ demonstrator to keep her on the road. If it goes beyond Friday they have a 5008 coming back and they'll swap her into that.

Now, at this point many people get pathetically childish and trot out the "I'll never by a Peugeot again" tantrum crap. To put it in perspective, this is my 20th Pug, my 10th new or nearly new one, and it's only the second to give me any grief. Perrys have been brilliant with sorting out loan cars etc, so I'll act my age and reserve jusdgement, IF they sort it properly first go, I'll have little cause for complaint - that's what warranties are for after all. I'll only decapitate my teddies if they fanny about and it doesn't get put right quickly and efficiently, of if such problems become a regular occurance.

The ball is in their court. So far so good. Let's just hope they don't drop the ball.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Amazing !!!!!

You would think by now they would have perfected the art of car manufacturing.
Had a LEXUS for 7 years, NOT one problem.

Mine is now 6 weeks old and had its 2500 km service.
Nothing wrong ( so far ), not even rust.
Just the DOPPY radio that cuts out after 30 minutes.

GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
chopper1192 said:
Now, at this point many people get pathetically childish and trot out the "I'll never by a Peugeot again" tantrum crap. To put it in perspective, this is my 20th Pug, my 10th new or nearly new one, and it's only the second to give me any grief. Perrys have been brilliant with sorting out loan cars etc, so I'll act my age and reserve jusdgement, IF they sort it properly first go, I'll have little cause for complaint - that's what warranties are for after all. I'll only decapitate my teddies if they fanny about and it doesn't get put right quickly and efficiently, of if such problems become a regular occurance.

The ball is in their court. So far so good. Let's just hope they don't drop the ball.
haha when i read that it brought back memories of working at Currys customer service. There was an unwritten rule that if someone comes in demanding and throwing there toys out of the pram claiming they know all the rights and that i will be in the papers for breach of rights....nothing got done until the maximum time allowed was nearly up. Its funny that I never seen myself in the papers or got reported due to being within the rights of the seller and being within policies. but if someone came in calm and respective, things got done asap and the customer would be better off. But there is a point the customer has a right to flip off when people do start to fanny on, i had this too often, when other collegues were less then competant at their job being customer service manager, had to issue a few gift vouchers and offer appologies. :thumb:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
EZEE said:
You would think by now they would have perfected the art of car manufacturing.
Had a LEXUS for 7 years, NOT one problem.

Mine is now 6 weeks old and had its 2500 km service.
Nothing wrong ( so far ), not even rust.
Just the DOPPY radio that cuts out after 30 minutes.

GOOD LUCK
I had a £58k BMW 7 series, and while I loved it in terms of times it refused to start or lock it was the most unreliable car I've ever owned, proving that price and brand is no firm guarantee.

Cheers for the good luck. I've used Perrys for year and have a good relationship with them - their parts manager is a good close personal friend. They've been seemingly aghast at my misfortune and seem genuinely keen to get her in and sorted, and why not cos they get paid good money for fixing her - it's good business all round to get it sorted and keep me sweet.

So far so good - we'll see how it pans out. A successful resolution will keep me happy with Perrys and PSA. Time will tell.

I'll keep y'all posted.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Update - apparently, the turbo is kernackered. Nailed to it's perch. Pushing up daisies. New one fitted and it's said to be right as rain now. They're looking into the rattly door tomorrow, by which time they hope to have a response from Peugeot re the pictures of the rust they've emailed over.

The RCZ has gone, but the promised 5008 hasn't materialised. They've given me a 107, which doesn't bother me in the least because a) It's free, b) I think they're a laugh (I've owned 2) and, c) I won't be driving it anyway.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.