Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just got my car back since the turbo was replaced. I looked at the engine and the air duct that connects onto the turbo is really lose and falls off very easily, is this a cause for concern? there is also oil dripping i think, but is there normally oil in the part where turbo meets air duct.

The orange seal in that part of the air duct is also snapped.

What should i do?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
The orange seal is £10 available from your friendly stealers. A useful tip, dont overtighten the jubilee clip holding the pipe on or you may split the new seal, did it myself.There will be some oil there as the engine breather is just above it,

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i didnt take it back to the garage (in bristol), because as soon as i picked up the car (on a saturday- garage wasnt open) i drove to london. so im miles away now.

but i will call on monday.

so is it a serious issue if the turbo isnt covered properly by the air duct, shoudl i stop driving it and wait to replace the orange clip thing. or will it be ok temporarily?

·
Registered
315 Posts
well, here's some possibilities:
no problem
CEL due to MAF bypass
damaged turbo through particle damage
catastrophic engine failure due to ingress of blown turbo's blades.

feeling lucky?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The orange seal is £10 available from your friendly stealers. A useful tip, dont overtighten the jubilee clip holding the pipe on or you may split the new seal, did it myself.There will be some oil there as the engine breather is just above it,

whats the proper name for this orange seal, the part name i mean i need to buy it,

thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts