Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I have two pugs to look after heh - just got an 05 bright yellow 1.4 8v petrol for my mum with a grand total of 19k miles on it - full MOT history shows 1.7-2.3k per year and previous owner was from a little scottish village - here's hoping it lasts better than the 2.0 HDI Xsara she got 6 months ago which keeps running out of fuel and cutting out (with half a tank in it)..... £1850 with a fresh MOT seems to be reasonable enough :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Awesome :thumb:

I have seen a few of these 1007 around. They truely are quirky cars.

I had also thought of buying a peugeot 1007 for myself but got slightly put off due to the tax band D for a 1.4 HDi and the electric sliding doors a prone to endless problems.

Certainly a good buy at that price :)

Did they ever produce a 1.6 HDi in that model

Adam

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes there are just a few 1.6 hdi about. Very rare.
Prior to my 1007 I had a 1.4 diesel Fiesta. £30 road tax, same engine (£110) in 1007. Odd. But TBH I much prefer the Peugeot and don't mind the extra (fuel consumption is better and a much nicer car to drive).
Doors do not have to be 'endless problems'. I have replaced one actuator and other than regular cleaning of contact and runners had no other issues.
I do avoid pressure washers.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Slavey, have a drive of it, they are great fun. Had a shot of a 1.4 petrol a few years ago. Did you know that the car allows you to drive with the doors open and your seat belt off!!
Cant imagine it being any worse than any other model to maintain or have problems

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I test drove it before I bought it lol - and I honestly have ZERO interest in ever driving it again - think I'll stick to the 407 - nice n big n comfy n stuff lol - and as a bonus my 18 year old son who is about to take his drivers test says "I love your car dad but it's a boat, I don't ever want to drive it!!!" - works for me heh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts