Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have been looking around for a while for neat 407sw and finally got one!
It has a few things to sort but they're doable, tyre pressure sensor, handbrake and dpf fluid. I have already been told it has a 3 litre tank and needs resetting once filled. Also the dealers recommend using the correct dpf fluid rather than the universal PAT fluid at half the price! Does anyone here have an opinion on this advice? Also if I get planet Peugeot 2000 setup, can I reset the dpf counters with that?
Hopefully someone has more knowledge about this than me.
Thanks.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I wouldn't use the universal fluid....... but firstly you need to figure out what fluid is in your car, it could be Eolys DPX42, Eolys 176, Infineum F7995 or Eolys Powerflex.

Once you figure it out, you can buy the correct branded product from an aftermarket supplier for much cheaper than Peugeot as Walker, Bosal etc sell the correct branded stuff.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did ring a Peugeot dealer and he would not tell me which specific fluid would be in my car, us there any way using vin numbers I can find out?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just had a quick look at the walker website and according to the dates chart, my 12/2004 SW should use 2nd generation fluid and should have a green connector ring, hopefully 🤔?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I understand this bit right, the DAM number on the sticker in the door jam also can be used to identify the dpf fluid. I have 10251 which walkers states as eolys 176.

·
Registered
812 Posts
i believe so yes, the DAM is the date at manufacture which for your car was 02 december 2004. Most likely you have Eolys 176 in it. You can either use Eolys 176 or Eolys Powerflex, Powerflex is similar to 176 but it has 2-EHN, a combustion improver so produces less soot (hence the newer engines go longer without a regen!) and Peugeot should no longer sell Eolys 176 according to the Servicebox notes.

Confusingly but you should be fine, if you have Infineum F7995 which is also a green connecting ring, you must ONLY use Infineum F7995 however these were only on some select 2010 cars for a year before moving to Powerflex. I doubt the DPF would have been refilled with Infineum in that time.

Bardahl, Walkers, Bosal all sell Eolys branded fluid, which comes from the same manufacturer pug uses, Solvay. It is why NOBODY should buy the JLM / PAT fluid, it's the same price as the original Solvay provided fluid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts