Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought my 407 2.0 16 on 65000 from an independent dealer 2 weeks ago, just had my car scanned and its showing P1351 which is glow plugs?

Anyway, I didn't buy any warrenty through the dealer, but do I have any ground to get him to cover the cost? I've read somewhere that any major faults that occur in the first so many months are said to be present when bought.

Or should I just get it done from my own pocket?

C

·
0 Posts
you do have the 3 months statutory rights thing tha is the item has to be fit for purpose etc etc then if no joy follow the small claims court route and so on, how ever I think the Glowplugs would fall under a serviceable wear and tear item so you could end up with a lengthy and drawn out process and there are no garuntees. Personnally I would go to the dealer and ask him for assistance you never know he may agree to get them done or atleast pay for some of the cost to replace failing this shop round and get them done by a reputable garage.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Could it be the glow plug relay? Or is it more common to be the glow plugs?
Relay is the easiest. 2 Minute job.
I did both on my old 407. Well, I did the relay. Bollocks to doing to plugs, I let my mechanic have that "pleasure".
The relay was the first stop as it was cheap and easy. Turned out to have a defective plug. This was before I had planet, so just took a punt.

·
Registered
14,580 Posts
Its probably both !!

I agree with the wear and tear above glowplugs are a serviceable item so unlikely to be a reason to reject car etc a good dealer will come to some agreement if they want future custom.

If you are handy with your spanners then the plugs can be tested without removal.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
How do you get to the glow plugs?

BTW: collected my 407 last Saturday and had the glow plugs done on Friday. Cost £125. Starting has gone from 5 cranks to 3, and it looks like it's fixed a DPF problem (the glow plugs are used for DPF regen).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Replaced all 4, 2 were dead. I want to do the relay too. Its still cranking over a lot now its cold the glow plug light only stays on for a few seconds

Where is the relay?

·
Registered
14,580 Posts
relay is hidden over near the fusebox under the bonnet

Glow plugs are controlled by the ecu though not the relay relay just switches the high current feeds a few seconds for the light is normal

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
That is strange. Measured the wiring from the relay to the plugs? It can also throw a code if it is bad contact.

On mine I got the fault occationally after changing relay and plugs. Found the contact inside the small black connector which provides (+) to the relay was looking quite burned and slightly melted. Took it apart and cleaned it up and fault gone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
relay is hidden over near the fusebox under the bonnet

Glow plugs are controlled by the ecu though not the relay relay just switches the high current feeds a few seconds for the light is normal
Where near the fusebox?

I have a similar problem and found a small relay box fixed to the body nestled in beside the battery. But it didn't look to have the glow plug relay?

Stu

·
Registered
149 Posts
Need to replace my glowplugs and just looking online, there are two Bosch versions listed on ebay for my car 2.0 Hdi 135 2005.

Bosch part number:-
0250202032 which are £32
and
0250202048 which are £48

Can't find out what the difference is, anyone got any info on these?

Or part number of what has been proven to fit?

I really don't want to strip the egr off and then find I have the wrong plugs and have to put it all back just to do it again a few days later!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts