Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Guys, I'm new on the forum. Thanks for the add.
I just bought a 407 SW 2.0HDi Maroon (55 plates), The car didn't fail on MOT in the last 8 years. BUT, when I get the car and scanned with torque Pro, I found some issues.

1 - a Whistling noise when accelerating
2 - the thermostat for engine/fluid is not measuring anything
3 - mpg is awful (but I believe is related to the thermostat) - around 33mpg
None alerts on the Dash

P0087 - Fuel Filter
P0238 - Turbo Repeat Sensor
P1351 - Glow Plug
P2563 - Turbo Actuator Position Sensor

I went to a garage, and straight away the guy condemned the car. Saying the turbo was dead, and to replace will cost more them 1000 pounds.

So, someone knows or have some idea about these errors? I'll change the fuel filter this weekend. I really don't want to sell the car with these defects, It's not right.

Where is located the thermostat for engine and coolant?
Is normal the hose from the fuel filter been loose? (picture attached)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where is Located on the engine?

It's is a DIY job?

I looked to the engine, but I was unable to find.

·
5,041 Posts
whereabouts are you ?? It really needs scanning with pp2k to eliminate false readings

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hello Guys

Just an update.

The battery died (replaced by a new one)
I changed the Fuel Filter
The Glow Plugs Really need to be changed, it's awful to start during the cold days.
The Turbo is GONE now, white smoke, pressure leaking sound, oil going to the intake.

Anyone know some garage that doesn't want my kidney to remove and refurb the turbo?
2.0HDI, I know it's a pain in the ass to remove this turbo.

Regards
Renato

·
Registered
827 Posts
The Turbo is GONE now, white smoke, pressure leaking sound, oil going to the intake.
Are you absolutely certain it's the turbo that's gone? Do you see white smoke when the engine is up to temperature?

When you say you hear a pressure leaking sound.... can you find the source? It could by the turbine scraping the housing if the turbo is faulty BUT it could just be an air leak itself, which would cause all the problems you describe... especially if it was a vacuum hose with a split.

·
Registered
15,120 Posts
Glow plugs ARE NOT making it hard to start

Turbos on these get gummed up and garages blame them when the real fault is far simpler vacuum etc there is a lot to check properly before deciding whats really wrong

your starting is the starter not the glowplugs they get weak

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are you absolutely certain it's the turbo that's gone? Do you see white smoke when the engine is up to temperature?

When you say you hear a pressure leaking sound.... can you find the source? It could by the turbine scraping the housing if the turbo is faulty BUT it could just be an air leak itself, which would cause all the problems you describe... especially if it was a vacuum hose with a split.
Yes. White smoke when is heating.
Oil on the admission (probably leaking from the turbo)
Map sensor was very dirty with oil (cleaned and one week after was dirty again)
EGR are very dirty. I'll send the car to a garage this week to confirm.

Enviado de meu SM-N950F usando o Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Glow plugs ARE NOT making it hard to start

Turbos on these get gummed up and garages blame them when the real fault is far simpler vacuum etc there is a lot to check properly before deciding whats really wrong

your starting is the starter not the glowplugs they get weak
Thanks.

I'll stop the car on a garage this week. Then we'll discover what is.

The error on the diagbox is P1351. Maybe the glow plugs or the glow relay.

Enviado de meu SM-N950F usando o Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
P1351 very often displays as a fault in multiple Peugeot models even when there is nothing wrong with the glow plug system. Seems to be a glitch in PP2000/diagbox. So don't just assume there is something faulty, test the components before emptying your wallet...

I have a 407 where all 4 glowplugs were dead and it started just fine, even on cold mornings when heavy frost was all around. I have since replaced them as they do assist in regeneration of the dpf and the P1351 code has cleared from it. My other 407 displays the P1351 code but the system is functioning perfectly. I also have several 406hdi's which also display the P1351 code and their systems are also functioning perfectly. So test...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts