Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
So a few weeks ago I wrote off a car I never thought I would get rid of (Audi A3 2L TDI Stage 1) but now I found someone selling this little car.

Its a Peugeot 307 Sport 1.6L 16V 2005 and its only done 35k which I think is very good for its age, Sometime this week I am going to get a full service done and really get the car to how I want it (for now)

So my list is:
  • Put in a new Radio
  • Add a DAB Aerial
  • Put in a Microphone
  • Service it
  • Change the wedge bulbs in the LED display
  • Detail it
I have already done a few tricks as posted in the "Interesting Tips Or Tricks" page and I might have a tip of my own if I can replicate it (works on the Audi)

So apart from a little bodywork the car looks great, and it was cheap at £800.

I have a friend who has the best looking Peugeot you have ever seen and I am going to visit him next weekend so he might do something to help me improve it wither it be speed, mpg or just general tweaks to the car.

His car was shown on the stand at the french car show a month or so ago in the UK and he has spent over 9k just this year alone.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Congrats! Is it the petrol or diesel? 35K is pretty darn good for 800. Bargain. Post some pics when u get some time :)

I've got a '05 307 1.6HDi. I've replaced all bulbs with LED's (except headlights), new air cond compressor (insurance ;)) got a new LCD for the MFD on the way (blasted heat damage), and put an Alpine Head Unit in (the original speakers are pretty darn good tbh).

Next plans:
- all LED's in the dash
- full LED headlights (eventually)
- got some of the glass ceramic polish on the way - lasts 9-12 months!
- thinking of taking the black bumper panels off and getting the body colour ones
- would love a remap but no one close by and also worried about the strain on the turbo

Longer term:
- turbo
- suspension
- steering wheel (it's a bit worn) but that's a bigger job cause of the air bag I'm told.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Oh and a little tip that I've found very useful - tyre shine stuff (silicon spray) is far better for interior plastics and rubbers etc than ArmourAll. Rejuvenates exterior plastics as well - mine look almost brand new!

And because it's not water based, it's safer to use around electronics etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a petrol and comes with limited service history but 2 years ago it had a clutch change, not sure about the timing though, I doubt it. I might try and get a HDI but for now I got this.

I would love to post pictures but because of my low forum posts I can't do that

1 - 4 of 4 Posts