59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And now a lamp is shining and I get a warning that "Pollution system is faulty"
What is that and how do I fix it?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the answer,I think I will give the car dealer a call as he sead there was a 3 month guaranti on the car.

But would it be wise to buy one of these for future problems?
iCarsoft-i970-OBD2-Diagnose-Gerat-CanBus-Scanner-fur-Peugeot-307-407-807-208-308- on ebay

(I´m not allowed to post links...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok,I read that Diagbox only supports Windows XP.
If I buy planet I will then have to buy a OBD2 to usb cable?

·
Registered
196 Posts
If you have a guarantee from the dealer take it back and let him sort it out, if he can't within a reasonable time frame reject the car!

If you are willing to get stuck in future (once the guarantee has expired :D) then it's worth the £80 odd for the proper lexia diagbox kit - some dealers charge £50+ just to read faults so you make your money back just using it twice!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I contacted the dealer and he told med they didnt have guaranties if the car cost less than 30000 SEK I payed 29900SEK.........He told med that this messages come and goes on this modells..But he told me to contact the local repairshop and then contact him,so I will do so tomorrow.

It says on the Lexia description that it works on Microsoft Windows 98 SR2/2000/XP,any one tried it on win 7 or win 10?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi I have a 307 sw and that had an anti pollution warning plus the engine management light on. I cleared using a cheap code reader, it told me it was an exhaust problem, subsequently the light came on again.
Personally I'm going to leave it, I have 1 206 2 307 s and an 806, a bit of a collector, they all from time to time surprise me with lights and warnings, my experience has shown if it doesn't affect the running of the car and passes an mot it's generally a sensor issue.
If you want to get it fixed for you piece of mind I'd suggest go to a reputable peugeot garage.
As for the place you bought it,it seems they have misled you a little, may be worth pushing them, from what you wrote it was only a couple of pounds difference between with and without guarantee, if I'd spent that much on a car I'd want 12 months free motoring not less than 3 months.

Good luck

Hope this helps.

Dave

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the answers,I went to the local repairman today and he said he should have a look at the codes on Tuseday and then call the salesman and try to arrange sommething.I asked if it was allrigt to drive the car with the warning and he said that if the car run as it should it was okay.As I´m going on a small trip on Monday.
So lets hear what he sais on Tuesday. :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Today I got my car from the repair shop,they told me they resetted the code and said this could happend if the catalysator wasnt warm enough,if I just drow short distanses...so It could happend again it cost me 928SEK so I´m lucky to have ordered my own lexia diagbox kit.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Resetting does nothing except clear the existing fault log. If they haven't repaired what is wrong then it's not a case of it might come back but a case of when it will come back. You may be ok driving it around for a short time BUT the warning lamp is on for a reason and if the fault isn't repaired it will only get worse until the car is undrivable, the cost of repairing gets extremely high or you end up causing a massive failure that is beyond economical repair.

·
Registered
196 Posts
storeman is right in general, but it depends on the fault that popped up. French cars are prone to flashing up lights even when there isn't a permanent problem. Can you get the information on the fault codes that were found, from the repair shop?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts