Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And so far I'm really pleased with it. Managed to chop in my 1.4 petrol 206 too and considering that the bleedin' thing was only worth scrap, I've got myself a good deal.

Mine is a 52 plate and silver (always wanted a silver car).

Right, I have a few things I want to do if possible.

1) Remap - worth it? Read a little on here and the feeling seems to be that the increased torque will be better for town driving without sacrificing mpg.

2) Trip computer. Mine doesn't have one fitted so can I upgrade to one and if so, where is the best place to look for doing it?

3) Horn doesn't work when depressing the steering wheel but makes a pip when I press the remote locking twice to lock. So I know it "works" in some fashion. Any ideas?

·
11,706 Posts
1) Personally I wouldn't bother. I always considered the 1.4 to be quite punchy around town so I'm not sure what benefit it would be.

2) The hardest part will be to get the little button that goes on the wiper stalk. Get that then find someone local to you with Peugeot Planet to activate it.

3) Common fault, there's a few threads on here about it.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.

Well I think I have managed to obtain the end button for the wiper stalk.

Now I just need to find someone within a respectable mileage who has Peugeot Planet!!!

I think a remap is the way to go too!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One of the best cars to remap , if you take an average 110bhp and map it you`ll get around 30% increase but because the 1.4hdi is only 68bhp standard you will get nearly a 50% increase , see video in page below which is my 307 1.4hdi remapped -

Peugeot Information for any peugeot owner , interesting facts and top tips for the Peugeot driver to help you save money and keep running costs down. - Peugeot Codes
Someone on another forum told me not to bother getting it remapped because it has done 158k.

I'm 90% certain he is talking nonsense because "remaps" are essentially tweaks rather than a full blown engine modification.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Components start wearing out if not already. Re-Map will certainly help them wear out quickly.

If you feel the car has had good service history and well maintained, then I guess won't be a problem.
Main dealer service stamp every year... hasn't needed any other work either throughout it's life... no major issues.

I'll scan it in and post it here tomorrow... v.impressed with the detail.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I think I read in one of the threads Martin say that he knew someone who had their DPF removed & a remap which took it up to 186bhp.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts