Peugeot Forums banner

Just bought 307 HDi- first big service advice

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Gibbo 
#1 ·
Hello chaps and chapesses-
Bought a 2004 307 1.6 (110) HDi at the weekend.
Very nice car, it has done 73k, has a little bit of history, but i would like to give it a good service.

What would you recommend??

I have heard various things about the timing belt- 60, 70, even 100k life spans. What is the service interval for the belt? Also what else is worth doing at the same time? Water pump, other belts maybe?

What filters/additives should i change or top up when i get it serviced?

Finally, what other jobs are worth doing, there is a lot of talk about sensors getting 'clogged up' etc, is it worth getting any of these changed or just take them off and give them a steam clean?

Any other advice is very welcome please!

Thank you.

#3 ·
I wouldn't go too much by the book,if the car has done alot of stop/starting type of driving i'd do it at lower miles,You say its done 73k, if the cambelt hasn't been done i'd do it,along with the water pump and tensioners, Like Rib says do all the usual fluids and filters and even the Aux belt.

#4 ·
thanks for the advice! I am in London so i suspect its not a lot of motorway miles- i am getting a price for the belts/pump etc so think i will get it done.

I called Pug and they said 10 years or 120k, which seems a heck of a long time to me....

What else would you suggest to give the car a good refresh- any other filters/fluids etc? I was thinking perhaps the transmission fluid may be worth a change?

Any suggestions welcome.

#5 ·
What else would you suggest to give the car a good refresh- any other filters/fluids etc? I was thinking perhaps the transmission fluid may be worth a change?
If you've no history of when they were last done I'd do the oil, air, fuel and pollen. You can get them all for under £30.

I'd also strip down much of the engine plastics and covers and give all earth points a really good clean, take out the battery and tray. I'd also clean the ABS sensors, check the back box mounts too. Get them done or at least checked now and have a hassle free winter.

As for transmission fluid, that would probably be done with a new clutch. I'd do brake fluid over transmission.

#6 ·
Interesting reading on this thread:

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/207-36/chirping-type-noise-18636/

Well I am bloody amazed at the resultant report. I took the car in today for what I thought would be a simple change of an auxiliary belt. Unfortunately after 1.5 hours later the report came back that the actual cause of the noise is due to the cam-belt! I mean I am absolutely flabbergasted that the cam-belt needs changing at just 39k miles on a 4 year old car! The reason (as I was informed) was because rust / dampness has crept in thus degrading it. Their quote for replacing this along with the water pump etc was around £580!

My advice to anybody else suffering from a similar noise is to get the cam-belt checked as soon as possible as the auxiliary belt appears to be just a red herring. :mad::(:cursing:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.