Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when im going fast and brake i am getting juddering from the frnsont end.

i cleaned all the abs sensors up before i fitted new pads and discs. brakes have been spot on since. checked the abs sensors the other day and the gaps look perfect still and no rust in the way

front brakes were fitted with new pagid discs and pads about 1000 miles ago

you cant notice it going around town but anything over 30 you get quite bad juddering from the front end. it doesnt feel like the abs fault i had before and theres definitely no fault codes

any ideas? tyres suspension bushes?

all tyres have been pumped up to what it says on the door which is 2.5 bar all round. is this correct?

many thanks

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i cleaned the rear hubs and behind the sensors a few months ago

i dont seem to have the issue with pulsating through the pedal like before and the abs light isnt on

i will drop the tyre pressure a lil. swap the front tyres over. check for any worn suspension parts

if not ill take the rear wheels off.

when i looked last week the hubs still look clean and the sensors look inline still.

may try the small washer trick next time then. i dont fancy doing it every few months

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i managed to do one side today. in the end i did my friends 307 too

will see how the brakes react on the way to work

i went down the route of a small washer behind. mine seems to be quite a big gap so it narrows it to about 1mm now

if the brakes are still the same i will do the other side. theres still no abs light

·
11,873 Posts
I never got the ABS light on mine. And the gap looked to be right, but its not until you really clean them that you notice the difference.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im even more confused now. took both wheels off. checked and reach cleaned each sensor. there both in line and close to the hub but its still doing it

i have swapped the front wheels over. checked the front brakes and everything seems in order, all bolts are tight

im hoping it cures it otherwise im stumped

i have just done a friends 307s sensors. which are now perfect. there wasnt any corrosion on mine in the 5 months since i did mine last

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just done a 130 mile round trip it seems to be worse the faster I go

Swapping over the wheels hasn't helped

Even though the abs light isn't on will planet tell me where the problem lies

It's pretty annoying when slowing down

·
5,040 Posts
so is the juddering only when you brake from high speed ie: motorway speeds etc ??

·
Registered
37 Posts
had the same problem monty and i got a new abs sensor put on the right back wheel, prob solved, the abs light never came on either, may be worth a try with a new one, got mine from ebay

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have stripped it down now for the 3rd time

i have just done 300 miles and no abs light on at all

this time i took the washer off i inserted. made sure they were all inline.

the only thing i did differently was i took off the connectors and brake cleaned them and packed them with grease

the car is very slightly better but the same problem still persists

sometimes you notice it others you dont

it just doesnt feel like the throbbing through the pedal you get with the abs fault.

somethings not working right but the sensors must be inline as its not throwing up any lights

what do people reckon try a new sensor and see?

·
Registered
37 Posts
could you not get it put on a fault finding machine, my car had the same shuddering when braking, got it put on the machine and it showed up that the right rear sensor was faulty, changed the sensor for a new one and everything has been alright ever since, for all the price of a sensor it would be worth a try, hope you have some luck with it.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Personally, I'd look VERY closely at the lower arm bushes and get a check done on both sides of all the discs using a dial gauge. Regardless of how new any of the parts are...

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i did a test on the way home from work

under braking when it was juddering i took my foot off the brake and re applied it

you guessed it it either changed how much it juddered or stopped juddering altogether

seeing as though i have checked the sensors many times and i still have no abs light it must be a dodgy sensor

heres to praying my lexia is set up soon

·
5,040 Posts
have you checked the rear of your discs??? have a look at the pictures in this thread
http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/general-discussion-2/anyone-heard-comline-22595/

if you notice the front face of the disc is fine but the rear is destroyed, this was only causing vibration (slight) under heavy braking from motorway speeds, it only became obvious when the disc's were removed to replace worn balljoints on my old 407

1 - 20 of 56 Posts