Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My other half was driving my diesel 307 a few weeks ago in Dublin and when she left Tesco, the car was juddering and had very little power before it died on her not too far from home. Since then it's been to two different mechanics, one saying the crankshaft sensor has gone, other saying the turbo blew and leaked diesel into the engine.

It's a 2005 diesel 307 (90bhp) with 150k on the clock but a full Peugeot service history. Any ideas?

·
11,766 Posts
Ever the optimist I'd go for the first one. A new sensor is cheap enough to replace and hope for the best!

The Pug history is promising and you do have the less troublesome engine (90bhp), but I believe that the turbo oil feed pipe can get blocked and cause oil starvation at the turbo, and this isn't a scheduled routine maintenance part unless you request it. But, this mainly affects 407s.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
best thing is to get it on the computer, but you can try few things first new fuel filter if its blocked it will cause this sometimes also it could be your fuel regulator on the high presure pump as this would become dirty if the diesel being used it dirty, as for the crank sensor this is cheap to replace but i doubt its faulty unless its bringing up a code?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts