Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, wondering if anyone has had same problem before or knows anything about it. Over the last week from when the engine is cold, it ticks over at around 1200 rpm for around 30 seconds then drops down to around 800 but when it goes to 800 it judders like it's going to stall but doesn't. I usually give it some revs to warm it up. Once the car is warm it no longer happens any ideas please! It's a 207 1.6 THP 150bhp 2008

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

i have the same problem. I did change the timing chain kit ... no more safe moddes, but the judder almost stalling remains. I have Peugeot 207 1.6 THP 150 with only 70.000km. Did you find out what was the problem?!? I have OBD Wi-Fi for real time parameters installed in my car so i can see everything. I get no fault codes ... but i get pending codes ... P0351 and P0354 ... cylinder 1 and 4 misfire. Can you please HELP me. Thank you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi mate, I ended up getting the walnut blasting done seems to of sorted it by 90% but still odd judder now and again and timing chain is my next point of call

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Ah yes, carbon build up. Hammer it a bit more :thumb:
The chain is being replaced on my RCZ as we speak, first start of the day listen for a clattering noise at the timing gear end. Easy to spot. Mine drove fine, with no EML but clattered a lot when started from cold.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Carbon build up ... hmm ... with only 70.000km. And i often redline it. It only judders when on idle. When RPMs rise above 2.000 it is fine. It could also be VACUUM LEAK because my reading from OBD2 for "intake manifold absolute pressure" is 10-12 inHg ... it should be 18-22inHg right? When the car is driven it pulls strongly, no CEL light on dash. I should mention it has 200cell catalytic converter, resonator delete, blow off valve ( spacer ), stage 1 remap, high flow air filter. If anybody has an idea, please share it. Thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts