Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Our 307 hdi seems to be juddering at traffic lights etc when pulling off. Now, I'm not the driver so I often blame the wife's clutch control but when I think about it I can't remember her doing it before.

Last September a new clutch & flywheel was fitted so I assume I can rule these out.

Is there anything else it could be? as the car is due in for a new front crankshaft oil seal & timing belt change in 2 weeks so things tend to be cheaper to fix when done all at the same time.

·
Super Moderator
1,760 Posts
Hmm. Flywheel would have been my first guess. If the flywheel was converted from dual mass to solid you could expect a bit more vibration. Did it start then or just all of a sudden?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi,

Our 307 hdi seems to be juddering at traffic lights etc when pulling off. Now, I'm not the driver so I often blame the wife's clutch control but when I think about it I can't remember her doing it before.

Last September a new clutch & flywheel was fitted so I assume I can rule these out.

Is there anything else it could be? as the car is due in for a new front crankshaft oil seal & timing belt change in 2 weeks so things tend to be cheaper to fix when done all at the same time.
Hi Steve M - did you get to the bottom of the judder issue? I have the same on my 307, if idle for more than 10 seconds it stuggles to reach 1500rpm while pulling away, after that it is fine. It seams to be independant of the clutch, it happens when idling for 10 seconds or more with the clutch/gears engaged or not.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi mate, it seems to be a trait of the 2.0l Hdi's I'm afraid as I have read about slight juddering in other threads regarding the 307.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi mate, it seems to be a trait of the 2.0l Hdi's I'm afraid as I have read about slight juddering in other threads regarding the 307.
Cheers, thanks for the quick response - it is a very annoying trait though, crawling in traffic just wears me out.

I can't see this being a trait of the 2L HDi's as other people on the forums have reported no sluggishness too.

It seems to be a common fault but with no clear answers.

From my trawling through the threads it could be anything ranging from MAF sensor, ECU earthing, ECU software, engine mount, clutch switch, EGR, bad fuel, fuel filter, fuel filter housing, Turbo Repeat Sensor, fuel pump or DPF (and in petrol cars, the idle sensor, i don't know if there is an equivalent in the HDI's).

I will try changing the MAF sensor next (even through it appears to be operating normally from ECU readings).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts