Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my car garaged for a year and when I started driving it again I get juddering, a lot worse when fuel is low and worse when the revs are around 2000? I have taken it to the garage but they cant find anything, they have done loads of fuel cleaning etc but would love to know how to get rid of it, no warning lights and nothing showing on the diagnostics.

Please help! :confused:

P

·
0 Posts
I had my car garaged for a year and when I started driving it again I get juddering, a lot worse when fuel is low and worse when the revs are around 2000? I have taken it to the garage but they cant find anything, they have done loads of fuel cleaning etc but would love to know how to get rid of it, no warning lights and nothing showing on the diagnostics.

Please help! :confused:
Could be worth doing a full service and see if it improves. Did you read the live data when you had diagnostics on it? Whats the MAF sensor reading? Have you tried driving with it unplugged?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had it fully serviced and they changed the MAF sensor thinking it was that, it didn't make any difference.

P

·
0 Posts
I have had it fully serviced and they changed the MAF sensor thinking it was that, it didn't make any difference.
I fitted a new MAF 3 months ago and it's decided to pack in. Try taking it for a spin with it unplugged and see. What engine is it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is a 2ltr hdi diesel engine. Not sure I have the knowledge to take it out but I will have a look and try, thank you for your help :)

P

·
0 Posts
it is a 2ltr hdi diesel engine. Not sure I have the knowledge to take it out but I will have a look and try, thank you for your help :)
Dead easy to do, just a plug at the top that you take out then give it a try. If you find air filter, follow the pipe and its there with rectangle shape plug.

Could also be EGR that's gotten clogged up, but you'd think with all the cleaning you've mentioned it would have made some difference.

EGR removal

Something to consider trying to see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for that it sounds pretty straight forward, not so sure about the EGR though, I might take it to my garage and ask them to look at it.

thanks again :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts