Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Juddering when setting off- ok when reving a bit more. Also when cruising along & putting foot on & off throttle I can hear a small clonk each time.
So, got OH to rev & ride the clutch in & out & I noticed the top engine mount insert that bolts to the engine & sits into the rubber chassis part next to the washer bottle filler seemed to move back & forth a good inch or more in total. I am wondering if this is excessive movement- how much should it move or should it just flex?
The bottom mount under the fusebox hardley flexed at all....
Any idea price & best place to get a replacement?
Regards,

·
Registered
857 Posts
Juddering when setting off- ok when reving a bit more. Also when cruising along & putting foot on & off throttle I can hear a small clonk each time.
So, got OH to rev & ride the clutch in & out & I noticed the top engine mount insert that bolts to the engine & sits into the rubber chassis part next to the washer bottle filler seemed to move back & forth a good inch or more in total. I am wondering if this is excessive movement- how much should it move or should it just flex?
The bottom mount under the fusebox hardley flexed at all....
Regards,
Hi
There is another one, at the bottom of the engine, behind the subframe, that could be the cause of this, but it is a pain to remove it, as the driveshaft goes through it, and you must remove the driveshaft first.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I put some spacers in mine to pack it out I had a 5-6mm gap.
I used chemical metal to bond them in get the last one in nice and tight :thumb:

·
11,790 Posts
Hi
There is another one, at the bottom of the engine, behind the subframe, that could be the cause of this, but it is a pain to remove it, as the driveshaft goes through it, and you must remove the driveshaft first.
No, you can do it without removing the driveshaft. Both CMAX_307 and I have managed to replace them.

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/307-38/307-rear-engine-mount-upgrade-19900/

Regards,
I made this Ebay seller an offer of (I think) £40:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140744156368

·
Registered
90 Posts
MIne was the same, and the top mount was buggered.

I got one from here, and despite reading various bad reviews online after ordering (doh!), the service was spot on and the part was exactly the same as what Peugeot wanted £95 for - same brand and everything, but only cost me £40.

It stopped the juddering and clonking, although I think i am going to replace the other 2 mounts at some point as well, as I'd bet these are shagged too, whcih will probably be putting a lot more strain on the new top one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts