Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just watched the top gear where they all get insurance quotes based on their jobs, (hammond was a after dinner speaker, given that he had given a few after dinner speechs) now i know some jobs carry a higher risk than others but i wonder to what extent can you manipulate this to your advantage.

For example a pot washer can label himself as an "underwater ceramics technician" a bin man is a "recycling technician" and ive also seen an "early years nourishment production assistant" ( dinner lady)

Well the thing is for a living, i work for a company that takes inboud calls regarding people who have broken their petrol lawnmower, i take the call (call center operative) i book the carriage (logistics co-ordinator ) i unload the pallets from a lorry (fork lift truck driver) i repair them ( small engine mechanic) and sell spare parts for the lawnmowers ( telesales operative) i also make the bacon butties on a weekend when we're quiet. (Later years nourishment production manager )

Whats the best job for cheap insurance? I dont want go pay more than neccisery so, can i be penalised for bending the truth? i just want cheap insurance not to bent over on the price, if its possible to pay less.

Thoughts?

P

·
0 Posts
It's daft how much a job can effect the price. I list myself as a IT Engineer as it's cheaper then IT Technician. I believe Martin Lewis said you do have some freedom on what you call yourself within reason.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Doesn't matter what fancy job title you come up with, if it isn't in the recognised list of jobs with the insurance company then you can't use it. You will have to use the closest job title they will accept.

I recently contacted my insurance company to change my policy so I can use my car for business purposes as I am now a field service engineer after being site based for nearly seven years. I'll be covering less miles in my new job than I was covering just commuting. With the increase in the premium to cover business use plus the administration charge I still got a refund on my original premium due to covering an estimated 10k miles a year less.

Estimated mileage has a huge impact on the cost of insurance. High mileage and very low mileage estimates will increase the premium significantly - High mileage as obviously the more you are on the road the more chance you have of being involved in an incident. Low mileage increases the cost as the impression is that you will have very little real driving experience and so are a higher risk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts