Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys this is my first review inclusion. I received my Peugeot 3008 just last week and I'm really impressed with looks and the ride.
The car is 3008 GT Line 1.6 Turbo Petrol 165 THP Automatic. Which comes with a black diamond colour roof and choose the pearlescent body white paint. I live in Malta and thought that white would be better because of the long sunny hot days which in a way we are blessed with.
It's my first automatic transmission car, I am still finding my way through the car gizmo's that it came with + the additional options. The only problem that I am still not able to grasp as how it works is the wireless charging pad. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (with a wireless charging function) and cannot seem to get the phone charging. Could it be that the phone is larger than the charging base? The phone does not touch the base of the charging pad although it does charge with a USB cable. But I really prefer seeing the phone charging on the car wireless pad to free the USB for other connections.
Have anyone encountered this problem, please?

Thanks and cheers
Paul

·
Administrator
2,831 Posts
My HTC M8 fits fine on the plate so charges.

If your mobile is too large to fit on the charging plate, apart from plugging it in, I'm not sure what else you can do.

·
Registered
226 Posts
The only problem that I am still not able to grasp as how it works is the wireless charging pad. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (with a wireless charging function) and cannot seem to get the phone charging. Could it be that the phone is larger than the charging base? The phone does not touch the base of the charging pad although it does charge with a USB cable.
Hi, I also have a S7 Edge and just 'plonk' it (that's a technical term) in the middle of the wireless charging plate and it charges, try moving yours around on the plate but if it doesn't charge in the car but does wireless charge on an external wireless charger then I would go back to the dealer and ask them to investigate.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I should have also said on the S7 Edge I have 'Fast Wireless Charging' set to ON, I haven't tried it with it OFF :)

EDIT: I just tried it with Fast Charge OFF for you and it still charges, I did notice that the engine must be running and not just ignition turned on. But also wondered if you realise that you don't put the phone right to the back, there is a 1/2 inch (ish) step at the back that I push the phone upto but not onto.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tell

Thank you Beau and Tell for your reply. Tell ,I will try my galaxy s7 edge again in the car charding pad. If I do not succeed I will call at the Peugeot Malta agent to check it out.
How I love this car can't stop going in my garage to have a look at it and polish every inch of it. I have always dreamed of having a car like this and got it on my 62nd birthday.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I should have also said on the S7 Edge I have 'Fast Wireless Charging' set to ON, I haven't tried it with it OFF :)

EDIT: I just tried it with Fast Charge OFF for you and it still charges, I did notice that the engine must be running and not just ignition turned on. But also wondered if you realise that you don't put the phone right to the back, there is a 1/2 inch (ish) step at the back that I push the phone upto but not onto.
Hi Tell, I have tried my Samsung phone again this morning with engine running and have moved the phone about in the charging plate. It does seem to work so tomorrow I will phone the Peugeot Tech people for an appointment to check this issue.
I will get back with feedback so that if anyone encounters the same issue one will have the outcome for this.
Again thank you for all your assistance,
Regards
Paul (Malta)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Tell, I have tried my Samsung phone again this morning with engine running and have moved the phone about in the charging plate. It does seem to work so tomorrow I will phone the Peugeot Tech people for an appointment to check this issue.
I will get back with feedback so that if anyone encounters the same issue one will have the outcome for this.
Again thank you for all your assistance,
Regards
Paul (Malta)
Just a thought - is the phone in a case? I know from other charging pads (I use them overnight as the normal charge method), the case can make a major difference! Using original Samsung cases, I've found both S6 Edge and S6 Edge plus seem to be picked up ok - or maybe I was just lucky... :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Just a thought - is the phone in a case? I know from other charging pads (I use them overnight as the normal charge method), the case can make a major difference! Using original Samsung cases, I've found both S6 Edge and S6 Edge plus seem to be picked up ok - or maybe I was just lucky... :)
Hi Peter, I use a Samsung case on my S7 Edge and it works ok wireless charging at home and in the car, but like you said 'maybe I was just lucky' and other cases may cause a problem, so definately worth jinxie trying without a case if s/he is using one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Peter thank you for your post. Yes I have also tried the phone without the case but still no charging.
I'm hoping that our local Peugeot tech person can solve this problem. I will get back with their feedback.
Thanks again - Paul

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I meant to say that the phone still did not work in the wireless charging pad! Sorry for the error which I have just noted this morning.
Thanks again for all your assistance
Peugeot 3008 2017 - 1.6 THP GT LINE Automatic - Black diamond roof and Pearlescant white body.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts