Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everybody. I have just registered,and as such this is my first post.
I have a 306 HDI, which is giving me some grief. When accelerating between 1500-2000 rpm it is very jerky, like it is mis:nono: firing. It was suggested to me that it may be the airflow mass meter. I have now changed this, but no improvement. Anybody got any ideas, or had similar problem ?

Thanks in advance,
Titch.

C

·
0 Posts
Mileage and history?

Fuel filter would be my first port of call, followed by a check for any air leaks in the low pressure side of the fuel system.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi. The mileage is approx 112,000 miles. I have no idea when the fuel filter was last changed, so I will get one tomorrow. The fuel pump in the tank was changed about a month ago, this problem developed almost straight afterwards. Could this have left an air leak in the low pressure system? How can I check for ?

Titch

C

·
0 Posts
TBH, I'm not sure. Most 306s are siemens injection which I don't think (but could be wrong) are self priming.

Change filter, open bleed point, pump the squeezy bulb untill fuel comes out, close the bleed point while still pumping all the time, keep pumping furiously while someone turns the engine over on the ignition for you, I would guess.

Note - make sure the change is dont in an uber clean manner. Dirt a micron across will trash the high pressure pump.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Changed the fuel filter today, but has not solved the problem. Good job done anyway. Anybody got any more ideas ?

Titch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts