Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello experts, i have an shifting issue with my al4 gearbox. There was a problem with gear shifting and in pp2000 it red as permenant fault pressure regulation. i got both pressure reg and lock up valves renewed and the falt got cleared. Right now there is only one issue, gear shift from 1 to 2 with a jerk. All other gears shift without any problem. after driving for about 500km i hooked up pp2000 and it doesnot show any fault. reacently i changed the gearbox ecu and oil level is ok. Additionally i have a fault in downstream o2 sensor. please help with your experties to solve this.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
At what point did you change the ecu? Before or after the work on the pressure reg and lock up valves? Best to start another thread on the O2 sensor problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ECU is changed before the valve renewal. Before valve renewal I had fault shown in pp2000. But now it doesn't show any fault. But shift from first gear to sec with a jerk.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just normal driving or sporty it is same. Even in manual shifting same jerk can be felt.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Many thanks for keep on replying. No oil changed as level was ok. My concern is whether the fault in gearbox or in valve block. I did some research and found following:
01. 1 to 2 gear clutch E1 disengage and E2 engages.
02. For above process EV3 should be de-energised and EV2 should be energised.
So, should I check those valves and what steps should I follow? How do I understand that those valves are faulty? In pp2000 I checked valve operations and it is shown fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you haven't replace the oil, I suggest to try that first. My 406 AL4 went from shifting pretty harsh to very smooth, almost unnoticeable gear changes after replacing the oil.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually I didn't go for oil renewal as I have done it about 8000km ago. Oil was not bad when I checked during press reg valve renewal. And this issue is only with 1-2 gear shifting.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Would have been a good idea to include all history of car/component when asking for help as every little bit of info helps and in this case would have saved me asking| With a full story we can make better suggestions as to try and fix the problem. What oil did you use as replacement and did you replace the filter?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didn't mention it because it was long back and that time I got complete overhaul of gear box done as break bands were worn and oil filter and all parts come in major overhaul kit renewed. Original Mobil Peugeot atf was used.
This problem started about 1000km ago and till then it was running well.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
When you say compete overhaul were the valves replaced the too? Maybe one of the solenoids is sticking or not moving smoothly.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
This thread is really annoying as it starts with an issue and ENDS with the fact the gearbox has been rebuilt it SHOULD be the other way round !! you need to give ALL info in your first post

Is the ENGINE running ok as any engine running faults will upset gearbox too.

Reset the oil counters and the self learning in the ECU no doubt your answer will be i have done that 10k miles ago but if you dont tell us we dont know !

Once self learning is reset the box will behave strangely/ roughly for a few miles then start working better.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If it is annoying why don't you stay away? For others who are reading this I have already done self learning reset and paddle learning. For paddle learning pp2000 says it is not necessary for this version.
Today I checked all sequence solenoid valves and found all good. Resistance is 13.9 to 14.1 ohms. Opening is checked with air and found all working and sealing well.
Now I am planning to check the ECU coding to figure out whether any defect is there.
Cheers.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Please don't reliable406 as your knowledge and understanding is brilliant and though the op does not appreciate how this forum works your inputs help the rest of us to learn these cars.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Whilst checking with air gives good results in reality they are operated with the oil system and although the oil might look clean it does not take much to cause a problem. It will have a pump I assume so perhaps that needs looking at. As reliable406 mentioned the engine itself might be the cause. Has it had a good service recently and does it run OK?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts