Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, im new here. My woes.
I have a 407 sw 2.0hdi 136. When I press the accelerator the engine hesitates like mad for a second or 2 then picks up well. This happens when ever I have to pull away aswell, slowing for round abouts and things like that it happens when I start to accelerate again. Now here is what has been done, new map, new maf, egr cleaned, turbo cleaned, all hosea and intakes checked, injectors cleaned, glow plugs next on the list. Now if this doesn't sort it then I have no idea what will. Its been obd'd needs glow plugs. The was doing it way before needed glow plugs. Anyone have any idea what is going on?.

Thank you

David

·
Registered
209 Posts
hello all, im new here. My woes.
I have a 407 sw 2.0hdi 136. When I press the accelerator the engine hesitates like mad for a second or 2 then picks up well. This happens when ever I have to pull away aswell, slowing for round abouts and things like that it happens when I start to accelerate again. Now here is what has been done, new map, new maf, egr cleaned, turbo cleaned, all hosea and intakes checked, injectors cleaned, glow plugs next on the list. Now if this doesn't sort it then I have no idea what will. Its been obd'd needs glow plugs. The was doing it way before needed glow plugs. Anyone have any idea what is going on?.

Thank you

David
Bad egr valve. Dont clean it. Change it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did suspect the wastegate, one going its cruises nice real mile muncher, i will get a hold of a new egr and see what happens, will update once done

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Egr replaced and still has the problem, so my next suspect is the wastegate or the vacuum control lines for the wastegate but I do hear the turbo spool nicely.
Any idea from anyone else... Just to note the egr cost 400 and it's a Delphi one.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Egr replaced and still has the problem, so my next suspect is the wastegate or the vacuum control lines for the wastegate but I do hear the turbo spool nicely.
Any idea from anyone else... Just to note the egr cost 400 and it's a Delphi one.
Is the egr vacuum controled or electric on your model?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is the egr vacuum controled or electric on your model?
Deffo electric controlled, no vacuum pipes when I replaced it, just the plug. I'm getting to the point of pulling my hair out lol, when cruising it it the most comfortable drive I have ever had. I've replaced the IAT MAP MAF and now EGR and Glow plugs. I'm in the Norwich area so I'd anyone is around that could take a look I'm open to that.... This is the most stubborn car I have ever worked on.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Deffo electric controlled, no vacuum pipes when I replaced it, just the plug. I'm getting to the point of pulling my hair out lol, when cruising it it the most comfortable drive I have ever had. I've replaced the IAT MAP MAF and now EGR and Glow plugs. I'm in the Norwich area so I'd anyone is around that could take a look I'm open to that.... This is the most stubborn car I have ever worked on.
Have you changed the fuel filter?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep done that, it's had a full service. The most obscure thing in my mind is either injectors or fuel rail.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yep done that, it's had a full service. The most obscure thing in my mind is either injectors or fuel rail.
They are not the problem. If they were the car would act different.
If youre absolutely sure that the map, maf and egr are working right. Then you need need to look at the Cat and the particulare filter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts