Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Is this list a bit subjective though?

i.e BMW/Audi/Jag owners expect perfection due to the price point so any slight annoyance gets reported

Whereas a peugeot is cheaper, expected to be cheap so a knock or a squeak or other minor things are ignored?

·
Registered
89 Posts

i.e BMW/Audi/Jag owners expect perfection due to the price point so any slight annoyance gets reported

Whereas a peugeot is cheaper, expected to be cheap so a knock or a squeak or other minor things are ignored?

Actually, I think you’ll find that there’s a more or less normal distribution curve across owners of all marques; ie, just because a car is “cheaper” or “less prestigious” doesn’t mean owners are more or less tolerant of faults and quality issues

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

Yes, that is what can pass across anybody's mind. In that cas it could be expected that all "cheap" cars siting at first places, all the time.
Anyhow, survey isn't perfect, but metodology is the same every year, year after year.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
A local garage owner (now retired) told me, in response to a comment I made about a VW gearbox failing, "Companies like BMW and VW are having to watch their costs, and are forced to do things more cheaply, and are suffering as a result. Ford on the other hand has years of experience on doing things cheap".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts