Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to retrofit these into my 3.0 hdi coupe, but I'm not sure what components I need to source. I'm planning to get the speakers, subwoofer and CD changer (which I think are part of the package!). Can I connect this to my existing head unit? Or would I have to get the whole system including the head unit with sat nav, screen, etc?

Thank you for your replies.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,964 Posts
I would not bother as although it is possible the entire system is different right down to the wires going to the speakers !

The head unit is probably the only bit you would not need to change but you would have to use planet to change its output settings to suit the amp

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was thinking of doing the same to my sw but after sone reasearch on how hard it is (all the above wiring & programming etc) decided just to replace the head unit with an aftermarket one instead

·
Registered
815 Posts
Like you, my coupe didn't come with the JBL system but did have the RT4 sat nav system.

The stock system is ok but nothing fantastic. I was ready to buy a £200 JBL retrofit amp / speakers set.

However I decided the wiring is too difficult. I used a Pioneer 4 x 45w RMS in-line amp and that boosted audio quality by ~65%! Then replaced the stock speakers with Clarion SRP-1722 .

If you want a subwoofer, you can buy the OEM JBL subwoofer + box and a 5 channel amp but this is more work. My route involved far less work (plug and play) and has better audio quality than the stock JBL system (tested vs 2 coupe's with the JBL system). I wouldn't recommend the pioneer amp I bought, you would be better off with the Alpine KTP-445U.

The programming is VERY easy, I have programmed my headunit anyway, to believe there is a JBL amp because it turns the speaker outs into line outs and then preserves more audio quality :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts