Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nightmare, the sterling lock is jammed on and the ignition switch just will not turn with any key. The aa managed to do it once and were surprised as they were about to get the hammer out and start doing some damage. I have left the car at a garage with the keys in an envelope through the door explaining the problem. Does anybody have any very rough idea on how much this will be to put right or what will need doing. Thanks in advance, only had the car 3 weeks. :eek:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had the same problem about 3 years ago. The key would only turn up to the ignition point but then lock so I was unable to start the car. Had it towed to Peugeot garage where I had 2 options.
Just change the ignition barrel which would mean I I would have 2 different keys for doors/fuel cap & ignition or change the whole lot

I chose the latter and it cost £400 and they had the car for about a week as they have to order it all in. Can't remember how much the first option cost

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New steering lock and barrel, key and key code match £433. Assume my old keys will still work? Although they are awaiting parts, will be at least till end of next week. Does anyone know why the parts are so hard to come by. :nono: cannot live without a car for so long.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts