Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I need to prop up my 207 (2011 model if that helps) for about a week as I take off my regular wheels, take them out with tons of other stuff to Hungary and then bring back my winter wheels/tyres to put on over here, leaving my normals out there for the summer period. I'll put the winter ones on here because I need them to drive through Austria back to Hungary, plus it's sensible since the snow in Hungary, as I learnt last year, requires winter tyres!!! :eek:

My question is simply to ask what recommendations anyone has for my car being propped up for a long time and more importantly, where would I put the 4 prop triangle things? This is not my forte so mocking is welcome!

I have 4 props but when I look under the car, I don't see a good place to put them. I don't want them to go through the floor or damage something because I put them against a weak part; especially since I'm heading back to Hungary in Jan and don't want a large pointless expense before departure and at this time of the year.

Is there a recommended procedure for propping up a car and taking off 4 wheels? Start with the back? Both sides first? No idea :confused:

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Dan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was disappointed I didn't even get one response. I thought this was where all the heads float around with answers :nono:

Too late now anyway but i hope you find the answer you need.

Happy New Year.

D

·
0 Posts
The answers to your questions are in your owners manual. Look there first and you wouldn't have been disappointed. :thumb:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My owner's manual is in Hungarian which presents a small problem :)

Second, my girlfriend is Hungarian and when she read it, it did not have anything to do with propping up a car for an extended period of time; it only disucssed taking off a wheel.

I, like the other, need(ed) to lift the whole car up on 4 props which, according to my partner and looking at the pictures in general, has nothing of the sort.

Alas, disappointment remains!

C

·
0 Posts
You jack it up via the jacking points. There are 4 on the car.

Once jacked up the car can be supported by suitable axle stands/supports at each jacking point. Once in the air like this there's no reason the car can't be left there indeficitely.

But there's a catch. You can't place axle stands at the jacking points, because you'll be using the very same jacking points to jack the car up so there'll be a dirty great jack there.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I am going to purchase 4 x hydraulic bottle jacks rated for 6 tons each.

Seems like a good investment. Can raise the car easily and get the wheels off the ground, and also raise up anything else that I feel like :D

·
Registered
556 Posts
Just don't use the sills for any length of time as they will likely crumple, and soft wood is good for spreading the load but obviously be careful that where it goes won't sag after time, also if you leave the car jacked up in plain view of ppl cover it over as they'll think its a scrapper and help themselves! I find chassis box section under the car is a good strong place to have the stands.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts