Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this has been covered before but when playing music from my iphone
via bluetooth i cannot bring up playlists/artists/albums etc - it only displays current song being played - am i missing something ?? I appreciate it will do this via apple carplay but sometimes i prefer to just keep the phone in ny pocket while driving rather than faff about plugging it into usb !

· Registered
620 Posts
The Bluetooth media streaming is a completely different mechanism to the Apple CarPlay.

If you use the bluetooth, it will only do what is supported using the Bluetooth standard - IIRC it allows me to switch track and control the basic audio selection on the phone but it's not mirroring the iPhone graphic display to interact with the iTunes library that the ApplePlay does.

I agree - I have a number of iTunes buy my tastes means I have a wide range .. and a large portion that the Mrs doesn't share the same taste with me :D

· Registered
509 Posts
I would imagine Bluetooth also affects sound quality too. I know in my Kia that the sound level is very quiet on Bluetooth then when I plug it in to USB it's way louder and more refined.

· Registered
765 Posts
I would imagine Bluetooth also affects sound quality too. I know in my Kia that the sound level is very quiet on Bluetooth then when I plug it in to USB it's way louder and more refined.
It shouldn't do as it's a digital protocol. The volume may be low becuase you need to increase the bluetooth volume on the phone.

· Registered
84 Posts
Bluetooth does compress the audio as it's a low power/bandwidth wireless standard. aptX protocol was added to improve this but iPhones don't support it. In most cases that's unnoticeable as you'll be streaming compressed audio anyway, but for best quality a wired connection or AirPlay (which uses a higher wifi bandwidth connection) is advisable. :)

· Registered
1,243 Posts
My Sony seems to nanny me in order to avoid excess volume endangering hearing........at least that's what I think is going on when I stream music in the car. I keep on having to manually adjust it up to full.

· Registered
683 Posts
My Sony seems to nanny me in order to avoid excess volume endangering hearing........at least that's what I think is going on when I stream music in the car. I keep on having to manually adjust it up to full.
Probably a European law or something think my iPhone comes up with a warning when I push the volume high

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.