Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again

Well after my timing belt snapped and 3 weeks in the garage, they've decided that the best option is to put another engine in.

They've found a recon engine for around £1200, however I've found one for £600.

The trouble is this, the engine that came out is a 4HW engine, and the one I've found is a 4HX.

The bloke who is selling the engine says that I'll have to swap a couple of the sensors over from my engine, but apart from that, it should be fine.

Has anyone else done this, or have any advice on whether I should risk doing it or not?

Thanks

·
Registered
586 Posts
and how old??. Its that Peugeot had a policy of replacing engines in the 807 during a certain chassis range with full service history and under a certain mileage when the cambelt goes.. Not sure if your engine code is included..

·
Registered
586 Posts
I just have to wait for my old garage to get back to me but its about the right age/ mileage

·
Registered
586 Posts
It goes by build number - what is yours.I cannot remember where the little sticker is on the 807. Usually drivers door shut
On your last invoice is is VAT registered garage and have they put the part number of the oil filter on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts