Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a busy boy recently been down the Tyre shop Ive now replaced all 4 tyres and removed the sensors of which 3 out of 4 were damaged or faulty. Main reason being the valve outer stem corrodes quite badly. One had split around the neck the other two sheared halfway down as he tried to remove the inner brass valve component. Needless to say 3 valves replaced with standard rubber ones and yes the Tyre Pressure system indicated that I had a puncture. Ive now a friend who works at Peugeot he has disabled the Tyre pressure system for me at minimal cost. He also put the car on the ramps as I said my MOT was nearly due he is going to do the MOT for me and carried out a pre MOT check and guess what............ both front Balljoints are shot

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thats where my front end rattles coming from. Also noticed something else whilst up on the ramps and under the car. The middle exhaust box has 2 supports rails pointing towards the front of the car these rails have pushed the rubber mounting bushes out completely they werent there gone so thats another job to do has anyone experienced this before?

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i have been a victim of the rubber exhaust mounts failing, but this was the back box. in the end i replace one that had gone all together, the other looked ok but that ended up failing so the back box fell, rubbed on the back wheel, went over a speed bump, smashed the baffles...so all in all a new back box £108. the mounts cost about £4 so it not that bad.

how much are ball joints in general? i got a funny feeling about my rear wheels, if they are fitted on those.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i have been a victim of the rubber exhaust mounts failing, but this was the back box. in the end i replace one that had gone all together, the other looked ok but that ended up failing so the back box fell, rubbed on the back wheel, went over a speed bump, smashed the baffles...so all in all a new back box £108. the mounts cost about £4 so it not that bad.

how much are ball joints in general? i got a funny feeling about my rear wheels, if they are fitted on those.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To be honest I got the Balljoints form the Peugeot Engineer for £70 each. I could of got a better deal on Fleabay about £37. Not sure whats on the rear wheels but its not like the front I believe. Ive just oredered from Peugeot the rubber mount unit for the middle box £19.90. He told me hes never sold one. just my luck i guess.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cck2k9 I see from your siganature your building a Peugeot fix it yourself site. If I can be of any assistance I would like to get involved if you need any support or help

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
haha i always say typical when that happens to me - a tech saying its the first i have seen.

thanks for your support, i may be in contact...more of a hardware techy than a coder. so far i am in the process of finding a decent free webhost or possibly building a webserver (parts come very very cheap from work ;p ) and using a free dns server and trying to get as many guides as poss. still very much in development.

any ideas/guides etc would be excellant. :thumb:

thanks again, like i say i may be in contact.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
cck2k9 said:
haha i always say typical when that happens to me - a tech saying its the first i have seen.

thanks for your support, i may be in contact...more of a hardware techy than a coder. so far i am in the process of finding a decent free webhost or possibly building a webserver (parts come very very cheap from work ;p ) and using a free dns server and trying to get as many guides as poss. still very much in development.

any ideas/guides etc would be excellant. :thumb:

thanks again, like i say i may be in contact.
Maybe i`ll get to finish this and it might be of use to your guides section John.

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12081

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just been to Peugeot this morning bought myself the Middle box rubber mount unit its a steel pressed plate with 2 rubber mounts / bushes on it. Cost £19.90 plus the VAT £23.70 now Ive got to get under the car and do the job...joy

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
UPDATE - The cars passed its MOT new balljoints fitted and I did the brakes discs n pads all round before the MOT. The Peugeot mechanic has advised to look for a clutch and flywheel next

·
5,027 Posts
Newspaperman said:
UPDATE - The cars passed its MOT new balljoints fitted and I did the brakes discs n pads all round before the MOT. The Peugeot mechanic has advised to look for a clutch and flywheel next
Why,whats the clutch doing??????

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can pick up a clutch for around the £125 mark Flywheels are quite expensive at around £285 and the lad will do my clutch for £140. I was looking for a solid flywheel conversion but I cannot seem to find anyone selling a solid for a 407. It may not be an option for me. Think I will be saving up for this job. The cars just clocking 140k miles time for my cambelt 1st though. I can pick a Belt kit for £96 from GSF and I know a guy who will change it for £100. Any advice on Belt kit suppliers?

C

·
0 Posts
Yeomans online Peugeot Shop have a sale on. Picked up a genuine full cambelt kit for my petrol 407 for £60 from them.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Been trawellng the net over the weekend looking for a good deal on a timing belt.So far Widaonline looking favourite £81.75 delivered inc vat. Looking also for a water pump might as well do that at the same time Euro Car Parts can do the pump £26.67 delivered inc vat but I will try Yeomans before I commit to any purchase.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts