Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

As difficult it is to believe, our 3008 is a year old now and had its first service yesterday at Days in Swansea.

Everything was fine and they, as usual had given it a full valet.

Upon collecting the keys and being told all was OK, they informed me they had 'updated' the ECU to the latest version which was issued from the factory 9 days ago.

They said the whole ecu mapping has been 'tweeked' to include smoother gear changes and better fuel economy amongst other things.

I'll let you know if the current 39.2 average improves, but gear changes do actually feel smoother with no 'surge' evident anymore when changing, (EAT6 auto).

Throttle seems a little sharper as if it's in between the old normal setting and sports setting.

Sports setting feels the same however.

Perhaps, because they said to expect these benefits of the ecu update, I'm imagining it, but it does feel even more 'refined' and sharper for the want of a better words.

With the Firmware and sat nav update I did two weeks ago, and now this ECU latest update, our 3008 is as current as one coming off the production line software wise anyway.

Paul

·
Registered
848 Posts
My first service is due in about 5 weeks time. I hope I get as good a service as you seem to have had.

Out of interest, you say you updated the firmware a couple of weeks ago, what version are you currently running and did your garage check it during the service and say if it was the latest.

·
Registered
126 Posts
With the Firmware and sat nav update I did two weeks ago, and now this ECU latest update, our 3008 is as current as one coming off the production line software wise anyway.

Paul
Did you lose any settings, preset radio stations or saved navigation waypoints with the update ?
I lost them all when I updated my map :mad:

·
Registered
486 Posts
Hi all,

As difficult it is to believe, our 3008 is a year old now and had its first service yesterday at Days in Swansea.

Everything was fine and they, as usual had given it a full valet.

Upon collecting the keys and being told all was OK, they informed me they had 'updated' the ECU to the latest version which was issued from the factory 9 days ago.

They said the whole ecu mapping has been 'tweeked' to include smoother gear changes and better fuel economy amongst other things.

I'll let you know if the current 39.2 average improves, but gear changes do actually feel smoother with no 'surge' evident anymore when changing, (EAT6 auto).

Throttle seems a little sharper as if it's in between the old normal setting and sports setting.

Sports setting feels the same however.

Perhaps, because they said to expect these benefits of the ecu update, I'm imagining it, but it does feel even more 'refined' and sharper for the want of a better words.

Paul
Do you have any info on Electronic Control Unit (ECU) update for 1.6 petrol auto Engine? I have my next service in two weeks.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I will have to get them to update the maps.. for some reason that never worked for me, also the ECU.. My first service was in March.. I think it's done about 6,000 miles now :D:D

·
Registered
1,616 Posts

Paul
Is your two weeks an exaggeration Paul or were you late updating a previous release?

The latest release was only a week ago, or do Mods get an early preview? ;)

·
Registered
105 Posts
My local dealer is the one in Plasmarl, although I did pickup roof bars from the Days one, Gorseinon for only £135 new, which was a bit of a steal!

·
Registered
146 Posts

Paul
The information on the 'updated' ECU is very useful thanks for posting about it Beau.

Will be visiting my dealer next Monday to ask about the 'speed camera' subscription service, I visited Nottingham last week to have a dash camera fitted and have never encountered so many speed cameras in a city.

My first service is not due till the end of September but whilst at the dealers will ask if they will be updating the ECU at that service, I have also taken the precaution of printing out your posting for future reference.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I visited Nottingham last week to have a dash camera fitted and have never encountered so many speed cameras in a city.

Welcome to my world:( Never been caught out by them but still feels intimating as some are on tall poles over the roads. You feel that Big Brother (Or Big Sister) is watching you. Rather than looking at the traffic ahead you end up with your eyes glued to the speedo. Usually too congested to use cruise control.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
You can use speed limiter as I do, this will prevent you going over the limit although you still have to keep your eye on the speedo if going downhill.

·
Registered
102 Posts
First service.

Allure 1.2. first service yesterday which was free.:D1 year old-10k on the clock. totally agree with Beau. difficult to explain the improvement as he said. Everthing seems "smoother" and the turbo lag has significantly decreased. Is this down to the update on the ecu --it very much seems that way. I have had NO problems in the year and then the day before I took it in the passenger seat belt locked and would not budge. this was sorted by Warners (Tewkesbury) who were excellent.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Is the Electronic Control Unit (ECU) update the same with BSI software update (which seem to correct the faulty sensors)?
No. Two completely different things. One manages the engine and gearbox,and the second all the electronic gizmos in the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just taken my car in for another issue at my Slovak dealer. I mentioned the ecu update. They said I was not entitled to it unless there is a problem !? And they would charge for it (despite it being under warranty). I somehow knew that would be the case here. I told them there was turbo lag in first gear (then had to drive a mechanic round to demonstrate it) and I am hoping whilst the car is with them over the next couple of days they do an update. Not holding my breath though.

Amazing how different dealer aftercare is, country to country.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Just taken my car in for another issue at my Slovak dealer. I mentioned the ecu update. They said I was not entitled to it unless there is a problem !? And they would charge for it (despite it being under warranty). I somehow knew that would be the case here. I told them there was turbo lag in first gear (then had to drive a mechanic round to demonstrate it) and I am hoping whilst the car is with them over the next couple of days they do an update. Not holding my breath though.

Amazing how different dealer aftercare is, country to country.
You should mention that you can always contact Peugeot directly and complain, they must do the update for free while the car is under warranty, no questions asked.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I took my car to the dealers yesterday for the battery to be changed in connection with non-working s/s but that's another story and I'll post details in the correct thread later.

I mentioned the ECU update and the service guy said he knew of the update but that it would not be relevant to my car unless I had a particular problem. He showed me the computer screen with car's details registering no attention required.

He went on to add the phrase "if it ain't broke......."

·
Registered
352 Posts
I just had the ecu update which was part of a recall campaign and as my dealer did not mention any expected benefits I haven’t noticed any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Beau, i have the 2.0 GT 6 speed Auto, Sept 1st 2017, i have noticed over the last couple
of month's the gear change not as smooth as it was, i booked my car in for its 12 month's service today and i mentioned the gear change to them, i asked if there an ecu update, as you said and the reply was they didn't have one on their system ??
could you possibly name the garage you had your service in, so i can get in touch with them please, it would help them to get their act together before my car goes in for service on the 6th of Sept.
thanks
feetoggss

·
Administrator
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Beau, i have the 2.0 GT 6 speed Auto, Sept 1st 2017, i have noticed over the last couple
of month's the gear change not as smooth as it was, i booked my car in for its 12 month's service today and i mentioned the gear change to them, i asked if there an ecu update, as you said and the reply was they didn't have one on their system ??
could you possibly name the garage you had your service in, so i can get in touch with them please, it would help them to get their act together before my car goes in for service on the 6th of Sept.
thanks
feetoggss
As mentioned above, the ECU update may not be relevant for your engine.

They enter your reg number and their computer tells them if the update needs applying.

By all means contact the dealer I use if you want though...

Days
Fforestfach,
Swansea.

01792 616000

Ask for Sam or Ross in Peugeot Service dept.

Give them your reg and they'll tell you if the update is required.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts