Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHY??????

55000miles full service history 54 plate 2.2hdi

I was cruzing at about 50 and it just died coasted to a stop then restarted fine.

Very worried about this. ANy Ideas??????

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bettyswollocks said:
Fuel issue ? dirty filters ,did you change the place you get your fuel, anything done different recently ?
It had half a tank of fuel left. Im using Tesco own brand. Not sure what it could be??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bettyswollocks said:
Any codes read?

No nothing come up on the dash. Just a sudden loss of power the speedo rev counter all dropped tp zero then I just coasted to the side of the road, where I turned the key and it fired up fine.

Bit worried if I take my family on the motorway and this happens again :confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:confused:
bettyswollocks said:
Any mates that can read if there any codes stored?
Do you mean if I know anyone with a diagnostic computer??

I thought these Peugeot oil burners where pretty bullet proof :confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just dont get why it had a sudden loss of power. Oh well looks like a trip to the garage to pay for an expensive diagnostic. Just thought that some body may of been able to give me some thing to look at first. Thanks for the replys mate.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Geoff

clack said:
It had half a tank of fuel left. Im using Tesco own brand. Not sure what it could be??
These "own brand" fuels are in the main ok for petrol engines but in my experience a no no for diesels, they don't have the extra ingredients that the others do, therefore the filter clogs quicker and there is more risk of damage to the pump as lubricants are in shorter use in this fuel, hence it being a few pence cheaper at the pump but could be a lot more costly at the mechanics. i have a Peugeot as a taxi and have only suffered fuel problems after being caught short of fuel and using a cheaper brand. Hope this is of help.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
clack said:
WHY??????

55000miles full service history 54 plate 2.2hdi

I was cruzing at about 50 and it just died coasted to a stop then restarted fine.

Very worried about this. ANy Ideas??????
chief it has got nothing to do with the type/brand of the fuel..

what you had was the car going into LIMP MODE.. unlike other cars, Peugeot Saloons are fitted with this feature when any abnormal activity is detected by the ECU, it will go in LIMP MODE (aka protection mode) so that the abnormal activity does not harm the engine or the car.

typical example of this is that if the engine cooling system is not working on a car, it will heat up and cause damage to the head gasket, with Peugeot 607 and 407's its very unlikely to happen caz the Limp mode will kick in not allowing the car to go more than 40mph (50mph max) running very sluggishly.

if you havent had the problem again, I wouldnt worry about it... a random error or reading could caz it Limp mode is normal and the cars ECU is doing what it should be..

hope that helps..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts